DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: [2.1 ROM - 1.2Ghz] Simply Stunning ESE53 Build - (3/7/2010)

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    @Chevy, do you suggest we do a full wipe before installing this even if we are coming from your ERE25 build ROM? I really dont wanna do another full wipe just yet and if thats the case I think I will wait it out and let some more updates come out for the ESE build and then re flash. Im just tired of flashing honestly lol keep up the good work!
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by tacostrk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lores35 View Post

The Maps icon is gone and in its place I am left with a stock google icon (the droid). If I press the icon it says the app is not installed. Maps is gone from my
    list of apps and I have to uninstall com.blah blah (can't remember the exact name of the app in the list).maps in order to be able to successfully re-download and install the Google Maps app
    Ok, just reinstalled Maps and noticed that when the phone is rebooted, the Maps app disappears and all I have left of it in my apps list is an app called something like "com.google.maps". The com.google.maps is a much smaller file usually in the 1mb range. (sometimes 0 kb)
    I am having the same problem myself. Also swype gives me an error message when I reboot also. Went back to the ERE25 build for the time being. Which sucks b/c I really liked this ROM and how smooth it worked.
    Check out the Apps section of the Droid Forum. Apparently, the Swype version that was sent out on the beta installer was wrong. There is a thread with the updated app that is the correct version of Swype for Droid. Uninstall your current version and replace with the corrected app and it should solve your Swype problem.
  3. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Johns Phone
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post

Ok, just reinstalled Maps and noticed that when the phone is rebooted, the Maps app disappears and all I have left of it in my apps list is an app called something like "com.google.maps". The com.google.maps is a much smaller file usually in the 1mb range. (sometimes 0 kb)

now that you mention it i'm having the same issue.... after every reboot you have to go into applications a remove "com.google.android.apps.maps" then reinstall google maps from the market.
    Think I may have solved the problem. After a reboot, when Maps has disappeared, uninstall the com.google.android.apps.maps. Then, instead of reinstalling Maps from the Market or a backup, use a rooted file explorer like "Root Explorer" and go to system/app directory. Look for Maps.apk and click on it. Choose install. Have rebooted since doing that and Google Maps stays in place.

this worked perfectly thanks.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by BullDroid View Post
    @Chevy, do you suggest we do a full wipe before installing this even if we are coming from your ERE25 build ROM? I really dont wanna do another full wipe just yet and if thats the case I think I will wait it out and let some more updates come out for the ESE build and then re flash. Im just tired of flashing honestly lol keep up the good work!
    I didn't wipe coming from the ERE25 ROM....just did a nandroid install with the data unselected. Worked perfect with no issues and everything was in place, widgets, etc
  5. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Johns Phone
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by kauaigs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BullDroid View Post
    I didn't wipe coming from the ERE25 ROM....just did a nandroid install with the data unselected. Worked perfect with no issues and everything was in place, widgets, etc

same here if coming from a ere25 a full data wipe is not neccesary
  6. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    I must say, chevyno1, I totally disagree with your choice in cars, but must say cannot go wrong with you ROM. This is your best yet. Wifi worked from the get go and I haven't had any issues with the maps app. Smooth and silky at 800mHz. Keep up the good work!!
  7. Decepticon
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    I'm going to give SS a try..

I've been a die hard UltimateDroid user since black was on alldroid but i figured i cant make an educated decision without trying out the alternatives

so here it goes downloading the nandroid now, ill report back as soon as its loaded on my Droid
    Phones:
    HTC Thunderbolt - Root MikROMS The Perfect Storm ROM
    MOTO DROiD - Root CM7 RC2 OC ChevyNo1 1.25 ulv

my motto... "If it ain't broken... Fix it till it is"
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Damn google maps. You can't install it from the market...
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Guys upgrading from ERE25, if you uninstall google maps before you do the upgrade you should have no problems with maps (due to it being included in the ESE53). I just found the problem when I'd flash with maps already installed from ERE25. No data wipe required, everything works great (dont forget busybox fix posted earlier).

If you already have ESE53 flashed, just uninstall everything to do with google maps ("com.google.maps" and "maps" if installed), then reflash the rom directly over what you currently have. Everything will work then. Maps will be there from the flash.
    Last edited by mustang90; 03-08-2010 at 04:58 PM.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang90 View Post
    Guys upgrading from ERE25, if you uninstall google maps before you do the upgrade you should have no problems with maps (due to it being included in the ESE53). I just found the problem when I'd flash with maps already installed from ERE25. No data wipe required, everything works great (dont forget busybox fix posted earlier).

If you already have ESE53 flashed, just uninstall everything to do with google maps ("com.google.maps" and "maps" if installed), then reflash the rom directly over what you currently have. Everything will work then. Maps will be there from the flash.
    !!!!!! I love you! Thanks!

I just have two questions.

Anyone now whats up with the new neural network wallpaper? Its all red now... Any way to get it back to different colors?

And I thought that the live wallpapers were playable with. I can't get any of them to work when I tap em...

Thanks.
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Links