DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Phone Rings, I Answer, Ringtone Plays Over the Caller's Voice

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    1Gen Moto Droid
    This may/may not make you feel better, but if I had the experience you have had, I will stop rooting /ROM-ing & jump ship to an iPhone.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    I can't get the stock rom to flash back. I tried three times now to reflash and it goes through the process very quickly, everything it says in the guide to flash matches up to what is being done, and sure enough nothing changes. No errors, the process is quick (as it in takes probably 1/10th of the time it took me to do it originally), says PASS under the result. I tried rebooting, clearing cache, wiping data. I tried unzipping the .sbf file to a new location, nothing. I am officially done with this. Now I have to wake up early tomorrow and try to fix this because until I do, I am without a phone. I'm already stressed beyond belief because I had to spend a majority of my night dealing with this and had to put off spending time with my cousin, which broke my heart because lately we have not been getting to spend any time together, and he's the only family I really have in my life right now, and I feel like a total asshole. I know it's completely unrelated, but this weekend was supposed to be about building relationships with the people I truly care about. Please, someone put some bullets in my head already and put me out of my misery, I just don't care anymore.

I got the stock image back on it, rerooted, and am done with all of this. Thanks for your help, syndicate.
    Last edited by Whitechapel; 02-26-2012 at 06:54 AM.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    yeah, or steel droid rom is still active...i wish i would've seen this thread before, i have everything needed for an sbf back to stock and reroot with instructions in the link in my signature....
    at any rate the only 2 roms i know if that are still active for the droid 1 are steel droid and cushzero...also try setting the minimum cpu speed a little higher (around maybe 500 MHz or a little higher) that seems to help with incoming call issues
    My cMetal 11.0 rom for the verizon galaxy nexus

Phone- The GALAXY NEXUS LTE a​ll the
    Rom- My own cMetal 11.0 rom (linaro enhanced cm-11.0)
    Kernel- ASKP or my modified mpokang v10 superram kernel
    previous phone the trusty ol' droid 1
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by metalspring View Post
    yeah, or steel droid rom is still active...i wish i would've seen this thread before, i have everything needed for an sbf back to stock and reroot with instructions in the link in my signature....
    at any rate the only 2 roms i know if that are still active for the droid 1 are steel droid and cushzero...also try setting the minimum cpu speed a little higher (around maybe 500 MHz or a little higher) that seems to help with incoming call issues
    I haven't used SetCPU for ages and will continue not to. Also, I will not be reflashing another ROM, the stock image from P. Alfonso is sufficient enough.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    I also have the issue with phone ringing after I answer. I am using Liquid 3.2 ROM.

I read all of this with interest, as I am curious if any OG Droid running Froyo has these issues. My oldest daughter has a D2 and HATES GB! Would love to go back to Froyo, but won't root it.

Youngest has Stratosphere with GB standard. No issues (except 4G, but that is a VZW issue where I live...)

I have thought of unrooting and going stock Froyo, but the reason I rooted was because I need/want led light to blink with screen ON, and you need a custom ROM for that.

As stated, damned if you do, damned if you don't...

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    You can use a froyo rom and have it blink with the screen on. I never went to gb on the og. It was too far unstable. U.d 2.5, ss 4.96, sourceryrom id what id recommend.

Sent from my GALAXY NEXUS using DroidForums
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by soops View Post
    This may/may not make you feel better, but if I had the experience you have had, I will stop rooting /ROM-ing & jump ship to an iPhone. Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk
    I was at the same point in my hatred for this POS Droid 1. While I appreciate all of the hard work provided by the Android Community (particularly Pete/Chevyno1/etc), I was finally fed up enough that when it became time for my upgrade, I went for an iPhone4S and have no plans of ever going back. This thing is SMOOTH and FAST. Everything about it just works as it should. No need to worry about kernel versions/clock speeds/ringtones that won't stop even after answering/choppy video cameras/still cameras that freeze or crash after taking 2 pictures/blurry pictures/music randomly playing during work meetings/choppy GUIs/WiFi randomly dropping/resetting 3G->Airplane->3G after a phone call/ringtones randomly changing/etc. etc. etc. I am a techie geek, and professionally work as a Computer Engineer. It's fun to tinker with toys, but my phone is a TOOL that should JUST WORK. In fact, the only things I will miss about my D1 is my desk dock, AlarmClock+, and the better loudspeaker. OK, and all of the awesome people in the DF community too!
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    1Gen Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by gerend View Post
    I was at the same point in my hatred for this POS Droid 1. While I appreciate all of the hard work provided by the Android Community (particularly Pete/Chevyno1/etc), I was finally fed up enough that when it became time for my upgrade, I went for an iPhone4S and have no plans of ever going back. This thing is SMOOTH and FAST. Everything about it just works as it should. No need to worry about kernel versions/clock speeds/ringtones that won't stop even after answering/choppy video cameras/still cameras that freeze or crash after taking 2 pictures/blurry pictures/music randomly playing during work meetings/choppy GUIs/WiFi randomly dropping/resetting 3G->Airplane->3G after a phone call/ringtones randomly changing/etc. etc. etc. I am a techie geek, and professionally work as a Computer Engineer. It's fun to tinker with toys, but my phone is a TOOL that should JUST WORK. In fact, the only things I will miss about my D1 is my desk dock, AlarmClock+, and the better loudspeaker. OK, and all of the awesome people in the DF community too!
    I'm still on my OG, running liquid rom 3.2. very fluid, reboots maybe once a month & no other complain. I've gone back to stock rom twice & notice the lag, reboots often when I performed multi-tasking. On the other hand, 2 friends I know with OG never rooted/flash rom & their phone ran fine, with hardly any reboot (one said she noticed it reboots about once a week) & overall no complain. I firmly believed all that rom-ing/flashing, overclocking on my part make my OG has taken it's toll. Doesn't seem reasonable comparing a phone that has been paced/put the test to another phone (iphone) that's stock.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Yea, I can see how it can easily get frustrating when things don't work out the way you planned. I for one have gotten extremely furious over my OG when it acts up when I just did somethin to it to stop the acting up. I've chucked it at a wall before, and wish it would've broke, but was very happy when I noticed it didn't break. Just always gotta keep a cool head, its not a state of mind, but rather a way of life. Music randomly playing during a work meeting would drive me crazy no doubt about that tho. IPhone is only smooth because.its mass produced from the same company the exact same way each time, and is never designed to ever be tinkered with.

Sent from my OG using DroidForums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Links