DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: SS 5.6 Bug Thread

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    SamsungŪ SCH-I515
    Quote Originally Posted by nb2a View Post
    I still cannot get WIFI to work in 5.6. I tried a complete wipe as well as cache no luck either. I tried numerous kernals still with the same result no WIFI. I do get WIFI to works in SS 5.0 so obviously it is not a hardware issue.Anyone have any other suggestions as to what I may have missed? Thanks
    So this is even after using RSD Lite to flash a stock .sbf file, re-root and then flash this rom?

If so, try redownloading the rom file itself. Your download must have gotten corrupted somehow. That is all I can think of.

good luck
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    ADW was the issue not the rom itself!
    Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
    So this is even after using RSD Lite to flash a stock .sbf file, re-root and then flash this rom?

If so, try redownloading the rom file itself. Your download must have gotten corrupted somehow. That is all I can think of.

good luck
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    SamsungŪ SCH-I515
    Quote Originally Posted by nb2a View Post
    ADW was the issue not the rom itself!
    Thanks again
    ADW?? Thatt's odd, I am using the ADW launcher without problems. But oh well, you got it working.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    WIFI works after a restart of ADW but certainly not consistently

QUOTE=teddyearp;1988941]ADW?? Thatt's odd, I am using the ADW launcher without problems. But oh well, you got it working.[/QUOTE]
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I searched and did not find this problem elsewhere so I apologize if it has been asked. I have encountered a problem I have never had before. I have tried dozens of custom ROMs and it is one of the things I most enjoy about my D1. Two days ago I installed SS5.4 and liked it, so I went to do a nandroid backup only to find that MY PHONE WILL NOT BOOT OR REBOOT INTO RECOVERY.. I have tried rebooting into recovery from ROM Manager and from ROM Toolbox Pro without success. I have pulled the battery, reinstalled the battery, and held the "x" while powering on to try to manually go to recovery and in all attempts it simply HANGS at the "M" logo. Eventually it simply reboots into SS5.4. Does anyone have any suggestions? I will be quite grateful.
  6. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfruitii View Post
    I searched and did not find this problem elsewhere so I apologize if it has been asked. I have encountered a problem I have never had before. I have tried dozens of custom ROMs and it is one of the things I most enjoy about my D1. Two days ago I installed SS5.4 and liked it, so I went to do a nandroid backup only to find that MY PHONE WILL NOT BOOT OR REBOOT INTO RECOVERY.. I have tried rebooting into recovery from ROM Manager and from ROM Toolbox Pro without success. I have pulled the battery, reinstalled the battery, and held the "x" while powering on to try to manually go to recovery and in all attempts it simply HANGS at the "M" logo. Eventually it simply reboots into SS5.4. Does anyone have any suggestions? I will be quite grateful.
    You should try to reflash cwm from rom manager, if that doesn't work try to get there from terminal emulator.
    Su
    Reboot recovery
    Good luck!

The Sourcery Nexus: Hey, at least it's not crack!!!

Bean Picker The Jelly Bean theme that is any color you want it to be!

Droid Forums
    Rootz Wiki
    XDA
    Team Sourcery Forums

7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb15613 View Post
    You should try to reflash cwm from rom manager, if that doesn't work try to get there from terminal emulator.
    Su
    Reboot recovery
    Good luck!
    Thank you so much. That did the trick.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    My LED on my original Droid has recently stopped working. I've seen it randomly come on (not like the phone is idle and it just comes on, when I receive a text or miss a phone call), so I don't know if it's dead or there's a setting I need to tweak. I played with some of the settings for the LED under the Tools, I also tried testing it with Chomp (which is what I use), but I could not get it to work at all. I think it may be dead, I was going to try installing another ROM to see if the issue is resolved, but I wanted to check with you guys first.

On SS 5.6
    Last edited by Whitechapel; 02-17-2012 at 03:24 PM.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    SamsungŪ SCH-I515
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitechapel View Post
    My LED on my original Droid has recently stopped working. I've seen it randomly come on (not like the phone is idle and it just comes on, when I receive a text or miss a phone call), so I don't know if it's dead or there's a setting I need to tweak. I played with some of the settings for the LED under the Tools, I also tried testing it with Chomp (which is what I use), but I could not get it to work at all. I think it may be dead, I was going to try installing another ROM to see if the issue is resolved, but I wanted to check with you guys first.

On SS 5.6
    Did your LED work at all with this ROM and then quit? Or does it just not work with this ROM? I found you had to set the LED settings in Chevy Tools and find to setting to force Chevy tools control over it. The full method is in this thread somewhere.

Otherwise, you could make a backup, flash another rom and test.

good luck
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
    Did your LED work at all with this ROM and then quit? Or does it just not work with this ROM? I found you had to set the LED settings in Chevy Tools and find to setting to force Chevy tools control over it. The full method is in this thread somewhere.

Otherwise, you could make a backup, flash another rom and test.

good luck
    This LED worked for months with the ROM. Then just one day it just stopped. Then I swear the one day I saw it light up for me, but then it hasn't ever since. I thought LEDs lasted f o r e v e r! So I played with the options under Chevy Tools and could not get it to light up, tried it in Chomp, nothing. Going to try and download Handcent and try, I saw a possible fix by slowing the blink rate. Worth a shot at this point...anything I can do to get it back to working? I don't want to buy a new like a new screen for it. I want to upgrade but am a few months out.
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Links