SS 5.6 (2.3.7) Incl. 1% Battery and Other Goodies
OK - I know you've been waiting for this, for a WHILE now. My life has gotten very busy and the amount of time I've been able to devote to Android has been dropping - this was in the hands of a few testers, a few bugs were flushed out, and here is the final product. If flashing over top of 5.5 - you can try doing so without a wipe - as usual, if you have ANY issues - wipe, reinstall, DO NOT restore apps/data until you can confirm that the previous wacky behavior is gone. If installing over top of any other ROM - you can try the same approach. Please don't post up questions/bugs unless you have first tried a complete WIPE with no restore of apps/data and can confirm the bug exists on the stock rom.
Bottom line is I can't help debug my ROM if you have added a different kernel, supercharger, apps, etc. Run the base ROM first to ensure you have no issues. That way if any crop up later, we can narrow it down to something else you've changed.
As usual I will start a bugs thread and I will TRY to keep on top of it. Very difficult these days, but that is where I'll want any bug reports to go, not in this thread. Do not take it personally if you post it here and I do not respond - post it up in the bugs thread please :)
SS 5.6 (2.3.7) - MD5 -> 73d1b76beff5fb1d8c79a48682bced99
SS 5.6 (2.3.7) UNTHEMED - MD5 -> b44330f0eeba89b892c1bde639d69c8b
What is new:
1. 2.3.7 is the Android version
2. When data is toggled via statusbar or settings - turn off data icon
3. Added to options - change low battery level warnings
4. Added to options - screen off cpu setting - SHOULD be quicker than an app, since it's at framework level - this means maybe using 125 as low slot when before was not possible
5. Add 1% battery increments - if powered off/into recovery for long period of time - battery might be within 9% tolerance of correct when rebooted, depending on drain (possible issues correctly reading extended batteries)
NOTE: If you install a theme that replaces battery icons - you may lose the 1% in the status bar, but should still show on lockscreen. You might also see green icons if the theme does not include ALL images at 1% increments - that is an issue with the theme you have chosen
6. Ability to move clock to center of status bar (any long status messages will 'overlay' over the clock - known issue)
7. Sense-style lockscreen (courtesy CM)
8. I'm sure other CM enhancements that I haven't even noticed, but you will
Feel free to mirror and share the links!
I have a list of testers to thank also - small group this time, but helpful as always! Thanks guys!! :biggrin: If I forgot you .. tell me and I will make it RIGHT
redoregon (my #1 goto guy for the D1 - he always gets first crack)
And SPECIAL PROPS to cyanogen for the very solid CM7 base!
And I will thank everyone ahead of time, for helping each other out - I can't spend as much time as I'd like to here - so if you can answer a question and help out a fellow SS'er - please do so! :p