DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: SS 5.6 (2.3.7) Incl. 1% Battery and Other Goodies

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Gnex w/ Codename Android
    Ok, so installing over 5.5 isn't working so well. Even with clearing cache and dalvik still having lag like crazy. When i press the lock screen to unlock my phone it takes exactly 2 full seconds before my lockscreen appears.

So looks like im going to have to do a full wipe. Has anyone used the bkapps and rstapps in chevy tools? Does it work like i think? Can i backup everything wipe install and then restore the backup does it restore settings and everything?

Sorry for the noob question I've been doing this for awhile now but I usually use Titanium but lately i haven't liked the results. So I'm looking for suggestions. Thanks in advanced forum.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Thank you Chevy! This Rom is awesome and looks like the last one I'll be using since ill be moving to the Galaxy Nexus or Razr next month.

You have any plans of upgrading to either?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Just want to add 1 thing. Some how my maximum CPU was set to 250. Not sure how this happened, but I noticed extreme lag so I checked my settings. It's odd because I didnt change any of the CPU settings after install.

No big deal, ill report back if.it happens again.

4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nex΅s
    Ughh, why cant you just put the stock gingerbread battery icon. Not really liking the horizontal one. You can see there is a little white left over on the bottom right corner of it.
    Samsung Galaxy SIII - TW 4.1.2 VRBMF1
    Running JellyBeans Builds
    • Just Smooth...
    LeanKernel 3.0 EXP
    • Incredibly Awesome •
    ———————————Direct Injected——————————

5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Phone
    Home
    Quote Originally Posted by BrUhNiGGs View Post
    Ughh, why cant you just put the stock gingerbread battery icon. Not really liking the horizontal one. You can see there is a little white left over on the bottom right corner of it.
    Really, really?
    That is ughh worthy? A little white in the bottom right corner? Are you kidding me with this tripe?
    You are a real perfectionist when it comes to others work!
    Not even a thank you for the time and effort?
    Just wanted to take the time to show how unappreciative you are of Chevy's work, time and effort? I guess the best way would be your unnecessary criticism?
    I imagine these are the kind of posts that make it all worthwhile for the developers who still care about giving the Droid community some love.
    That's some real weak sauce and a sad example of what's wrong with the current paradigm in today's society.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
    danceswithbongs
    dietche likes this.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    What version of busybox was installed along with this? I think its affecting compcache.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Ugh- Unfortunately I'm getting the "Assert failed: write_raw_image(“tmp/boot.img.“boot”) error that I've had happen in the past with when I first installed Project Elite, and that I've seen referenced here in Chevy's section a few times after a search for a possible solution. Didn't write it down exactly, but I believe it goes something like this:
    "Assert failed: write_raw_image(“tmp/boot.img.“boot”)
    E:error in /sdcard/download/SSD1-GB-5.6-update.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.

It happens right during/after the kernel is flashing. I'm not nearly the expert most of you are, but from what I've gathered so far, it looks like the boot.img file is too large to fit on my boot partition, if that makes sense? Possibly due to bad blocks on the boot partition?? Just going on what I've read on other posts, and am wondering if anyone else has encountered this.

Oh well, I will stay with 5.5 for now, which is the best ROM I have used to date! Simply Stunning (5.4, then 5.5 for me) has turned out to be the fastest, most stable GB ROM I have used, and I will stay with it until it is time for an upgrade for sure. Chevy, THANK YOU for all your hard work, and for making our Droids the best phones ever!

8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    droid1
    Quote Originally Posted by sn2hotty View Post
    Ugh- Unfortunately I'm getting the "Assert failed: write_raw_image(“tmp/boot.img.“boot&rdquo error that I've had happen in the past with when I first installed Project Elite, and that I've seen referenced here in Chevy's section a few times after a search for a possible solution. Didn't write it down exactly, but I believe it goes something like this:
    "Assert failed: write_raw_image(“tmp/boot.img.“boot&rdquo
    E:error in /sdcard/download/SSD1-GB-5.6-update.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.

It happens right during/after the kernel is flashing. I'm not nearly the expert most of you are, but from what I've gathered so far, it looks like the boot.img file is too large to fit on my boot partition, if that makes sense? Possibly due to bad blocks on the boot partition?? Just going on what I've read on other posts, and am wondering if anyone else has encountered this.

Oh well, I will stay with 5.5 for now, which is the best ROM I have used to date! Simply Stunning (5.4, then 5.5 for me) has turned out to be the fastest, most stable GB ROM I have used, and I will stay with it until it is time for an upgrade for sure. Chevy, THANK YOU for all your hard work, and for making our Droids the best phones ever!

It happened to my friends droid also. Same thing. And it happened with project elite also

9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I loaded this ROM up yesterday, and it was very choppy/laggy, which surprised me considering the success I've had with previous SS versions. I stumbled upon this post from the Bugless forum, which seemed to describe my issues with this ROM (and others recently).

If you have FC, lag, sounds, etc and think your og droid HW is failing - READ THIS.

I will be the first to admit that I was skeptical of the validity of this. Technically, there doesn't seem to be a reason why this should work, but I tried it anyway and lo and behold my device now runs like it did in its heyday! It would seem that something isn't properly being wiped, or that some corruption is occurring during a custom recovery (CW in my case) wipe. SBF'ing everything (including recovery), rerooting, reflashing recovery, and reloading a custom ROM has made an incredible difference. I thought I would pass this along, since not everyone may read the other ROMs forums. I would still love to know why this works, but it does.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Chevy, Just loaded up this ROM after being on Liquid 3 (before that I was on SS5.5 forever). As usual, awesome job. Love the way this ROM works on my Droid. I will have my Droid until March, so I hope to stay with this ROM or its successors! Thanks again!

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Links