DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: SS 5.6 (2.3.7) Incl. 1% Battery and Other Goodies

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    SamsungŪ SCH-I515
    Hey Marty, remember you from the CM nightly thread. And yes, this should probably be in the bug thread. My solution is to not use the screen off setting and let SetCPU control the CPU. The dev of this rom has stopped working on it, so I don't know where the code is or if it ever was public.

good luck
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
    Hey Marty, remember you from the CM nightly thread. And yes, this should probably be in the bug thread. My solution is to not use the screen off setting and let SetCPU control the CPU. The dev of this rom has stopped working on it, so I don't know where the code is or if it ever was public.
    good luck
    How did you "not use" the screen off setting? I can select many different settings in it, but there's no option to select none of them that I've found. SetCPU wasn't much help (it also seems far more spammy with the superuser popups nowadays, and I recall people warding users away from it for the more recent 2.3 releases).

I wonder if Chevy would consider opening up the code to the community if it's indeed dead now.

Edit: yeah, I shifted away from CM when they abandoned the OG Droid (the builds just kept getting worse and never stabilized).
    Last edited by MartyMacGyver; 02-22-2012 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Extra note
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    SamsungŪ SCH-I515
    I guess what I meant was to set the screen off speed to the same as my min in SetCPU. And as far as SetCPU goes, there are older versions available, but I'm using 2.2.4 and see what you mean. Are you making sure that in CM Settings -> performance -> cpu speed -> set on boot is unchecked? As you know that's how you give setcpu the control is checking the set on boot with it and unchecking it with cm settings.

good luck
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    I guess what I meant was to set the screen off speed to the same as my min in SetCPU. And as far as SetCPU goes, there are older versions available, but I'm using 2.2.4 and see what you mean. Are you making sure that in CM Settings -> performance -> cpu speed -> set on boot is unchecked? As you know that's how you give setcpu the control is checking the set on boot with it and unchecking it with cm settings.
    good luck
    I did the screen-off == min thing as above and it still happened, but I didn't disable set on boot (if the algorithm is when screen is off set max and min to same value as specified, then revert when screen is back on" and it's forgetting to do that last part sometimes, then the problem should happen anyway... unless set-on-boot disables that). As for SetCPU, I'll have to read up on why people were being warned away from it before. That said, I haven't had the problem recur for a few days now...

What governor are you having the best performance with? I've been using Interactive.

(I need a new phone anyway... I'm eager to get a proper ICS one, once there are some more to choose from.)
  5. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    132 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus/Droid 3
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Can someone put up a mirror for the rom? Doesn't matter if its themed or anthemed. Thanks!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
    Development takes time, Donations definitely make it easier Donate Here
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    SamsungŪ SCH-I515
    Marty, what I meant was uncheck set on boot within CM settings and check it within set cpu. I use on demand, stock kernel 900high, 250low, screen off 250, no V6, etc. just like Chevy recommended in the OP. Been using it for about six weeks now, but yes every now and then it clocks to 250, so a quick opening of set cpu and fixing it fixes it right up. If that's all I have to worry about with a GB rom on my A855, then it's good enough for me. No camera lag, no data switching problems, none of the other problems that plagued CM7. It even has a script to switch bluetooth dialing back on. Well video zoom while taking video will fc camera, but I rarely use video on the phone anyways. (I almost popped on the Gnex, but the price is too high and when I thought about it, my A855 still works just fine, it's just it's technology is old; it came down to new toy or vacation this year, man need vacation!)

Buckmarble, as I mentioned on the last two pages, I have this rom in my collection linked in my sig.

good luck
    Last edited by teddyearp; 02-24-2012 at 09:32 AM.
  7. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    132 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus/Droid 3
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Got it all loaded up and running. Does anyone happen to have the unthemed version?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
    Development takes time, Donations definitely make it easier Donate Here
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Seriously, can we please get an upload for the unthemed 5.6? I find it to be a bit ridiculous that we have all these posts requesting it, and while teddy has uploads it looks like he only has the themed version? Why is this so complicated? I come here because when I need to get something done, droid forums is the place to go. But this is just obnoxious, I've been stuck without a phone for hours, have no download links available, and see nothing but request after request for an unthemed version and no responses with a download link. So I guess it's my loss or I deal with the hideous (just my opinion) themed version at this point? How hard is it really to maintain a consistent link so people who like and appreciate the ROM can just go to one central place and be done with it, especially when you're asking people to donate money for it? After all I've seen on this forum, I find it baffling that just getting a simple download is like pulling teeth.

It really blows my mind with all the resources we have available on these forums, a simple download link is the hardest thing to keep available, especially with the requests I've seen for it.
    Last edited by Whitechapel; 02-25-2012 at 10:46 PM.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    SamsungŪ SCH-I515
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitechapel View Post
    It really blows my mind with all the resources we have available on these forums, a simple download link is the hardest thing to keep available, especially with the requests I've seen for it.
    Yeah, it's really a shame more people didn't think to download more of these roms when first released. Guess you'll just have to deal with my supply.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Yeah, it's really a shame more people didn't think to download more of these roms when first released. Guess you'll just have to deal with my supply.
    I didn't mean it like that teddy, I'm glad you have all those files you have available, and you do have quite the load! I'm just being very nitpicky because I found something I loved and then I had to change. Thank you very much for uploading and maintaining all the files you have available.
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Links