DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: SS 5.5 Bug Thread

1. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mariska View Post
    I used the market that came with your 5.5 at first, which kept crashing, so I manually updated to the newest leaked market (v3.1.3) and same thing is happening. Should I uninstall that version and send you a logcat using the 3.0.27 version that came with your rom?
    Yes, can you try that?
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  2. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by metalspring View Post
    Change kernels, higher voltage or lower speed (stock is 1GHz lv)

supercharged modified simply stunning 5.5 w/turbocharged 3g
    Chevyno1 ulv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
    honeycomb 3D theme
    19.8 linpack score
    Are you using an aftermarket cable? Does the same happen regardless of being plugged into the wall or computer? Aside from that - as metalspring suggests, try changing the kernel out ...
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG Droid

Still no sound from the BT Lady

The bluetooth lady worked in 5.4 but I can't seem to get her to work in 5.5. I have wiped and rewiped a silly number of times. I have rebooted, I have reinstalled. I have run the Toggle DSP Mgr/BT Voice Prompt script backwards and forwards. No luck.
  4. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fakecharles View Post
    The bluetooth lady worked in 5.4 but I can't seem to get her to work in 5.5. I have wiped and rewiped a silly number of times. I have rebooted, I have reinstalled. I have run the Toggle DSP Mgr/BT Voice Prompt script backwards and forwards. No luck.
    Go to Settings -> Voice input/output -> text-to-speech - If 'Install voice data' is available, click it. That should fix it.

5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNo1 View Post
    Go to Settings -> Voice input/output -> text-to-speech - If 'Install voice data' is available, click it. That should fix it.
    Man, I so much wanted this to work. I didn't have it installed. It installed PICO TSS, but still no BT. And I did the script a few times, with reboot.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Loss of service

I encountered this on v5.4 and was hoping that v5.5 would fix this. About once a day I lose service all together. The phone shows one bar, however, I cannot use the phone signal until a reboot.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Update on my USB plug issue - turns out it's not a USB bug, it's a power switch bug.
    Currently running 5.4 without issue, but any time I install 5.5, my power switch at the top of the phone becomes unresponsive. I've gone through every possible setting I can think of, but nothing is out of the ordinary. I've even switched a few settings off and then back on just to see if something was stuck, but no-go.

For the record, there's been nothing wrong with my phone since it was released - this phone is one-in-a-million that gets 3 days of light-moderate usage on a single charge, can run ANY kernel without any problems, and can easily overclock to the highest kernel available. Never had a problem with basic functionality at all until this strange power switch thing that I thought was related to USB... probably though that because the phone was plugged in most of the time right after flashing to the new 5.5.

Any ideas? Works fine on 5.4, so I suppose I'll stay right here unless someone has any ideas I can try...

Psychlone
    Light in the absence of eyes illuminates nothing...
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    The wifi cuts off and then back on. Seems to be while something is downloading. Also Launcher pro wont stayed locked as the main launcher, its random it seems,but also happens everytime when i reboot the phone!
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid rooted
    Been using the navigation in 5.5 and happy to say that my OG has not frozen, rebooted or simply killed the navigation. This has been a pain in all the OG port of gingerbread that i have tried. Looks like you solved it Chevy. Well done!
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Rezound
    I can't seem to be able to get back to dsp after toggling the bt voice. Any recommendations? i've toggled the script several times

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Links