DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Supercharged v6/v8

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    HTC REZOUND
    Seems like every rom i've ran on my droid bogs down after a couple days. I use an app called refresh for android thats does a scheduled reboot every night and really has helped keep things snappy, also clearing cache every week helps.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Twitter
    Gil_Smash
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I have cache cleaner doing a clean everynight and I reboot when I wake up, I meant that supercharger in particular slows down a lot after a couple days

Rom: SteelDroid Nexus 1.0
    Theme: Stock
    Kernel: franco.Kernel Nightly
    Launcher: Nova
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Try clearing the dalvik cache every day or at least every few days...it can get cluttered and slow things down...even then roms still tend to slow down after awhile, maybe its just a buildup of storing little bits of information that even a cache cleaner, rebooting and clearing the dalvik cache can't get rid of?

My cMetal 11.0 rom for the verizon galaxy nexus

Phone- The GALAXY NEXUS LTE a​ll the
    Rom- My own cMetal 11.0 rom (linaro enhanced cm-11.0)
    Kernel- ASKP or my modified mpokang v10 superram kernel
    previous phone the trusty ol' droid 1
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Btw a tip for swap and compcache
    If your rom doesn't have a setting to auto-start compcache and you have an init.d folder just add
    Compcache start
    To the end of any file in init.d
    To auto start swap without swapper2 add
    Swapon /dev/block/mmcblk0p3
    To a file in init.d
    I'm not sure that you can do this with a regular swap file on the sdcard (the default setting for swapper2 btw) because it isn't mounted until after fully booting and init.d scripts are run before then

5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    OK,so I dwnlded this file supercharge script and all the required apps like script manager, root explorer ect... read the tutorial (5 times) and still have no clue as to what I'm supposed to do. I know I need this as Im experiencing redraws an extreme lag especially when I get a call. Phone rings and vibrates but no screen. Lots of no notifications with mms and gmail not showing and they are locked in memory. Everyone that uses this have great reports on it so what am I doing wrong? When I run it in scripts manager it looks nothing like the tutorial only the first screen shot matches. I hit my screen when it says to and put 1 in there, I hit run and that's it. I exit out and it asks leave in background I hit yes and exit back too my homescreen, reboot phone and now what? Is it working? Or not? Can anyone here give me some step by step instructions? Another note when I go back to the tutorial and look at the other screenshots I don't have those on my screen. Like to put the 6,8,28 thing and also don't have the option to unchecked lock home in memory either its grayed out and still checked. Btw I'm doing this all on my phone so I have to go back and forth on setting this up. No computer or internet not even wifi.

Oh and sorry for the long post.

Thanks in advance!

ROOTED DROID1
    ROM: SIMPLY STUNNING v5.4
    KERNEL: CHEVYNO1 LV1.1
    Last edited by bullswife98; 08-18-2011 at 10:30 PM.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Quote Originally Posted by bullswife98 View Post
    OK,so I dwnlded this file supercharge script and all the required apps like script manager, root explorer ect... read the tutorial (5 times) and still have no clue as to what I'm supposed to do. I know I need this as Im experiencing redraws an extreme lag especially when I get a call. Phone rings and vibrates but no screen. Lots of no notifications with mms and gmail not showing and they are locked in memory. Everyone that uses this have great reports on it so what am I doing wrong? When I run it in scripts manager it looks nothing like the tutorial only the first screen shot matches. I hit my screen when it says to and put 1 in there, I hit run and that's it. I exit out and it asks leave in background I hit yes and exit back too my homescreen, reboot phone and now what? Is it working? Or not? Can anyone here give me some step by step instructions? Another note when I go back to the tutorial and look at the other screenshots I don't have those on my screen. Like to put the 6,8,28 thing and also don't have the option to unchecked lock home in memory either its grayed out and still checked. Btw I'm doing this all on my phone so I have to go back and forth on setting this up. No computer or internet not even wifi.

Oh and sorry for the long post.

Thanks in advance!

ROOTED DROID1
    I see you are running simply stunning 5.4? If you are then go to the build.prop found in /system with root explorer and mount system rw then open build.prop in text editor and find the line near the bottom that says something like
    home_app_adj=1
    And put a # right in front of it
    #home_app_adj=1
    Save it (should make another backup file build.prop.Baker)
    And reboot, then you can uncheck lock home in memory in the settings

Ok, then make sure you have the latest supercharger update, think its update 8- it's in Zeppelin's original v6supercharger thread.
    Then extract the zip file, then run with script manager and run as root. It'll ask you what scrolling speed you want, I usually pick 0 because its instant, however if you decide to use the other ones then enter the number and hit enter and WAIT a few seconds and the next screen will come up, then you make your selection and hit enter and wait for it to run awhile and that same menu you used to select your setting will come up again, then enter the option to reboot and enjoy

7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Sweet! That's much easier! This way I can do thanks for your reply!

ROOTED DROID1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links