DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bug with phone or rom??

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D1

Bug with phone or rom??

So I downloaded chevys ss rom today ran it all day with no problems by far best rom I've ran. Well probably about 20 min ago went to market to download launcher pro and as it was installing it went to the boot animation screen and rebooted. Let it load up and I had non of my user apps at all. So went to market to download titanium and as it was installing it did the same thing. So I had no choice but to wipe and restore a previous rom I had. If anybody could shed any light on this it would me awsome. Thank you

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    razr maxx, galaxy s3
    Did u wipe and do reset?

sent from an SS Droid
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D1
    Yes I did I wiped three times. I ran my backup of pe for an hour and reloaded ss. Was running good and rebooted into recovery to install a zip and when I rebooted back to android I had no service rebooted again and my service came back. So idk if its my phone, or if my phone can't handle the rom

4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic, OG Droid
    I'm pretty sure Chevy's ROM includes the 800MHz low voltage kernel. It should default to 600MHz speed, so overclocking shouldn't be an issue, but the low voltage might be. I'm certainly not the most experienced person here, but if that happened to me I would try flashing the 800MHz medium voltage kernel and see if that helps.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Chevy defaults to the 1000 MHz Low Voltage. I would also suggest trying a higher voltage kernal. Go with the Medium voltage @ 1000 MHz, if you still have the same issues try the High voltage.

THE PRECEDING MESSAGE HAS BEEN APPROVED BY RMART88

Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Nova Launcher

6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D1
    What would the kernal have to do with my apps missing??? I didn't think them two were related. And I don't think its the kernal I run ulv on my phone and it has no problem.

7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by cmac93hatch View Post
    What would the kernal have to do with my apps missing??? I didn't think them two were related. And I don't think its the kernal I run ulv on my phone and it has no problem.

Kernals have been known to do strange things from time to time, everyone suggested try a different kernal because so long as SS5.4 was installed correctly (which you said you did) SS5.4 is extremely stable and these issues haven't happened to others.

With that said I think it still lies in the install. Did you install the patch? You using RZR or CWM? Did you install from manually from phones recovery or through rom manager? Did you use TiBu or let market reinstall apps? Did you install the regular 5.4 or the themed 5.4?

This is how I flash SS and never have problems. Place file on root of SD card. Boot in to RZR, wipe data, cache,and dalvik cache each 3 times, than wipe everything (wipe all option) 3 times. Reboot in to recovery. Install ss5.4 from SD card. At this point I boot in to android and signing to google. Than I leave my phone a lone for an hour or so to let everything reinstall from market (I don't use TiBu)

If you want to flash a kernal right away, I do it immediately after flashing the rom while still in recovery.

8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D1
    I do everything the same as you except I use tibu to reinstall apps. As I reinstalled last night I did also flash a diff kernal (deprimped) first time I used stock kernal. I also did flash the patch zip that you named above. Like I said I ran it all day yesterday and then went to install launcher pro and as it was installin phone went to boot animation screen. Phone loaded and I had no apps but what came with the rom. Went to market to download tibu to restore my apps and as that was installing it did the same thing.

9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D1
    And I'm using rzr

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Very odd, maybe try running the fix permissions script in Chevy tools?

Maybe also try clearing data and cache for the market app.

Also, you may want to try redownloading and reinstalling the rom again, very possible you got a bad dl.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links