DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I have a new phone! (Thanks and a question or two)

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

I have a new phone! (Thanks and a question or two)

Wow, just decided to get into rooting my moto droid. 2.2.2 was slow as hell, I was looking at upgrading. Came back to this forum, and after reading a bit, I decided to root and load 5.4. My phone is almost perfect now. I can't believe how much faster it is. Thanks to ChevyNo1 for all the hard work this must have taken.

The two things I'd still love to do is to stop it going into car mode when I put it in the car dock, auto launching PowerAMP (My music app, because it plays .flac files) would even be better. Also, I have it set to leave the screen on when charging, but it still dims after a certain time. If I have it on the car charger, and docked, I would love it to stay on bright. I have a Jeep, and with the doors and top off, it's hard to see when bright, useless when dim. I use my phone as my primary music source, way more than I use it as a phone or anything else. Earlier versions did leave it full bright. Not sure why they changed it, but I hate it. I've used KeepScreen, but if I were to use it off the charger, it would still keep the screen on, unless I remembered to manually turn it off. These two things would make my phone pretty much perfect! Is there mods/apps to do these things?
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid RAZR
    just remove carhome.apk from system/app
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Thanks much for the reply! I saw that, but if I go into the file manager on my phone, in that directory, all I have is CarHomeGoogle,apk, plus I've seen that it still tries to launch CarHome. It would be nice to have an option to turn it off, and disable the newer auto screen dim, if you don't want it to.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid RAZR
    i've never seen an option to turn it off. i remove carhomegoogle.apk and carhomelauncher.apk. i would think the screen brightness issue would be behind the autobrightness option.
  5. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Glad you like it so far! As mentioned - just remove CarHomeGoogle (use my tools to hide/delete it if you like). That SHOULD stop it from trying to launch (as there is no launcher apk present). As far as the dimming - I would have thought it would not dim if set to bright and left on while charging ...
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Droid
    I've had the dimming issue on quite a few roms, basically on charge, after about a min, instead of the screen turning off, it goes dim. My fix, use car home, it keeps it bright. Just page over one page and add a short cut for your music player and you can launch it directly from car home.
    Last edited by mjones73; 06-28-2011 at 12:35 PM.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Haha, I never noticed that car home had more screens... I've always just exited car mode so I could use my music player instead of the built in one. I think using it like this will do everything I wanted! Thanks!
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Good to hear, I added some shortcuts to the second page and some direct dials to the third, makes it easier to call people without running into someone.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    You can also remove the magnet in the car dock and the phone won't even know it's in it. This allows you to open car/home app whenever you want to use it. Power amp has options for headphones, so you can shut them off and they will not come on if you plug in.
    Motorola DROID BIONIC
    ICS 4.0.4
    1.2GHz OMAP-4430 Dual Core
    1gig-DDR2 RAM Stock Kernel
    NOVA Launcher
    Quadrant Standard Score 3227
    AnTuTu Benchmark 8249
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Now that I understand how car home works, I think I'll leave the magnets in. The phone stays lit up just like I wanted. I'd be very hard pressed to find anything at all to complain about now. ChevyNo1's ROM is simply awesome!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links