DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: New to SS....

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound

New to SS....

I'm fairley new to the SS rom, but am currently running 5.4 and am enjoying it.....but I've heard that the og droid was never ment for gingerbread, and that I should try a froyo rom....does anyone have a SS froyo rom, and which one was the best?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth_tC View Post
    I'm fairley new to the SS rom, but am currently running 5.4 and am enjoying it.....but I've heard that the og droid was never ment for gingerbread, and that I should try a froyo rom....does anyone have a SS froyo rom, and which one was the best?

Thanks in advance!

I have no problems with gingerbread, not sure why other people do. I love this 5.4 version and I'm going to keep it until 5.5.

4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I agree with the previous post. I have tried several gingerbread roms and chevy's by far is the best. He takes into consideration the memory limits of the og and works around it and builds his roms with his own tweaks to make it work. I think you should give 5.4 a run for awhile and see how you like it. If you run into issues or find that your phone doesn't play well with gingerbread then go back to froyo. Feel free to do as you wish but I would atleast try it out for a bit. Look through the posts in chevy's section for the latest froyo. I believe it was 4.96 and was posted not too long ago.

5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Gingerbread is not going to be released for the og droid because of memory space. Which just goes to show you how talented many of these devs really are! Trust me, if gingerbread is working on your phone, stick with it, its soooooo much nicer than froyo in my opinion!

Ps- if you're running SS 5.4, chances are you are not going to run into any issues that can't be fixed. Its an amazing rom!

Rockin Rezound!!!
    Unlocked & Rooted
    Ineffabilis Rom (Sweeeeet)
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Wow such friendly and useful comments! Thank you all for your fast imput..I am running 5.4 (as of a few hours ago) LoL so yes I think I will give it a run for a while and see what I think! Not that it matters but I'm a Liquid LGB rom runner for a long time...figured id give Chevy a spin for a lil bit!! kudos so far Chevy!

Thanks again!!

7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth_tC View Post
    Wow such friendly and useful comments! Thank you all for your fast imput..I am running 5.4 (as of a few hours ago) LoL so yes I think I will give it a run for a while and see what I think! Not that it matters but I'm a Liquid LGB rom runner for a long time...figured id give Chevy a spin for a lil bit!! kudos so far Chevy!

Thanks again!!

I have also run LGB. Liquid is also another great developer with a great rom! I just have always liked SS because of the excellent quality and great support from Chevy and all the SS fans!
    Rockin Rezound!!!
    Unlocked & Rooted
    Ineffabilis Rom (Sweeeeet)
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Simply put, no gb rom compares to SS.

I've tried some others and no offense to those devs, they just aren't chevy .

Froyo roms aren't being developed anymore to my knowledge so you might as well stick to GB.
  9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    spc_hicks09
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    You will find a good amount of people that say "all gb roms suck." Simply put, these are the people whos devices just simply couldn't handle it. I have been running ChevyNo1 ROMs since froyo and let me be honest when I say he is one of the most dedicated devs here! Most other devs get rid of their og droid and move on to another phone, leaving their ROMs either unfinished or unstable. If i'm not mistaken, Chevy has a TBolt now and is STILL loyal to his og droid followers. This guy goes above and beyond to make his fans happy. For Christs sake he released 5.4 on his wifes birthday! LOL. Let me also mention that Chevy has the best followers. We're all extremely nice and always willing to help someone that needs it to the most of our abilities. Some of his followers, like (like myself) are former devs of other devices (my builds were 100% stable though when I stopped deving for the Eris) so we know quite a bit. If we don't have the answer to a question, we WILL find it. That's just the type of people we are! Ok enough with the sentimental crap LOL. Enjoy 5.4 like we all do and if you have any questions at all, DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK!
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Chevy built this GB Rom specifically for the OG Droids and it's RAM or lack of. You will not find another ROM that uses the phone memory to it's advantage. It's tailor made by ChevyNo1 for our OG's......
    Motorola DROID BIONIC
    ICS 4.0.4
    1.2GHz OMAP-4430 Dual Core
    1gig-DDR2 RAM Stock Kernel
    NOVA Launcher
    Quadrant Standard Score 3227
    AnTuTu Benchmark 8249

Links