DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats great about Simply Stunning?

Member #
    Phone
    DROID X (Primary) / OG DROID

Whats great about Simply Stunning?

I think I'm going to flash this ROM with the latest 800Mhz uLow voltage kernel. First, just wanna know, whats so good about SS?

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Everything! Stability, Speed/Quickness, and Options Galore!! Includes Cyanogens Settings and Chevy's own Settings. Change colors on Pulldown/Status Bar/Lockscreen/Deskclock, Screen Off Music Controls, Hide/Delete Bloatware, Change Boot Animations, Customizable Miui Notification Power Widget, Lockscreen Widgets and Gestures, Extra Sound Settings (Quiet Hours, Headphone plugged in options), Phone Goggles, Disable Lockscreen, Move Status Bar to Bottom, Performance Tweeks (Built in Overclock, Compcache, JIT, Lock Home/Messaging/Gmail and up to 5 other apps into memory, VM Heap Size, SD Card Read Ahead... And more that I definitely missed/skipped

Plus it has SWEET Animations and Transitions

THE PRECEDING MESSAGE HAS BEEN APPROVED BY RMART88

Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Nova Launcher

Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by rmart88 View Post
    Everything! Stability, Speed/Quickness, and Options Galore!! Includes Cyanogens Settings and Chevy's own Settings. Change colors on Pulldown/Status Bar/Lockscreen/Deskclock, Screen Off Music Controls, Hide/Delete Bloatware, Change Boot Animations, Customizable Miui Notification Power Widget, Lockscreen Widgets and Gestures, Extra Sound Settings (Quiet Hours, Headphone plugged in options), Phone Goggles, Disable Lockscreen, Move Status Bar to Bottom, Performance Tweeks (Built in Overclock, Compcache, JIT, Lock Home/Messaging/Gmail and up to 5 other apps into memory, VM Heap Size, SD Card Read Ahead... And more that I definitely missed/skipped

Plus it has SWEET Animations and Transitions
    How good's battery life?
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Oh, and I forgot the most important part! The best Dev Support EVER! Chevy always tries to respond to questions/issues, and fixes them quickly either in the next release, or in patches he sends out via his own OTA system.

Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Nova Launcher

6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Battery life is great, I never have to recharge in a normal day of high moderate usage. I forgot to include that cause its never been an issue for me on any of his ROMs (since SS 4.6). Ive been on 5.4 for just over day, but batt life seems great. Low usage today, unplugged around 9:30 am, its now 10:30 pm and im at 80%, granted today was a relatively low usage day, but still.

Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Nova Launcher

Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by rmart88 View Post
    Battery life is great, I never have to recharge in a normal day of high moderate usage. I forgot to include that cause its never been an issue for me on any of his ROMs (since SS 4.6). Ive been on 5.4 for just over day, but batt life seems great. Low usage today, unplugged around 9:30 am, its now 10:30 pm and im at 80%, granted today was a relatively low usage day, but still.
    Thanks. I'm gonna flash this rom right now. Thanks!
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Welcome Aboard! But i would suggest fully wiping 3 times, and then reboot into recovery before actually flashing (as Chevy suggests). This will help to ensure the best flash possible. not doing this is the cause of a vast majority of all bugs.

Edit: If im too late and you already installed without doing all this, no worries as it may be fine. but if you run into any bugs/issues try this with a fresh install

Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Nova Launcher

9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I've been using Chevy's roms/kernels ever since I first rooted my phone over a year ago. Every time he somehow makes his roms better. Amazing battery life and stability is what keeps me coming back for more. Its gonna be a sad day when I move on to a new phone.

The only bad thing I can say is he's a Chevy fan and not a ford fan.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    So much to say.

Amazing rom to say the lest. It is just sooooo fast and snappy for my phone. It has EVERYTHING you need and just improves each update(amazingly. each update i swear it couldnt get better but it goes). Chevy is the best dev. No debate about it. He is always here to answer questions and he gives answers in such a manner that anyone can understand them. Honestly, i couldn't see myself using any other rom.
  11. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Thanks everyone

And you can't forget the GREAT support that all of the users of SS provide in my forum! A lot of knowledge floating around in here
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links