DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 107 of 117 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1168

Thread: [Rom] SS 5.4 GB - 2.3.4 - 5/31/11

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic, OG Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Heiko View Post
    Thanks for the input. I will try the lower CPU speed as well as keeping an eye on the temp.
    Btw, what would be a good kernel alternative for ss5.4 rom? I am not into super overclocking. I usually don't run it faster than 800. I am looking for stability and battery life.
    Thanks again in advance.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    Chevy's ROMs are the only ones I've ever used where I use a kernel different than the one that came with the ROM, and the only alternates I've used are Chevy's other ROMs.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    FastKatt
    Phone
    Rooted RazrMaxx
    Ant word on 5.5? Want to try one more SS Rom b4 the Bionic drops...

Swyped on my Droid, sent via Tapatalk. It's amazing what ones thumb can do!
    Me: Motorola Droid RazrMaxx - Rooted
    Wife: Samsung Galaxy Note2 - Stock
    Son: Motorola Droid 4 - Rooted
    Daughter: Motorola Droid Bionic - Rooted
    Spare Rooted Phones: LG Vortex & 3 Droid 1s
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    rooted motorola milestone a854
    Just put this double shot of nitrous on my Milestone. Hope this Ring & Pinion will hold up to all this torque at the wheels! :-)

4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1

Defective battery?

Hi all, first time poster here. These forums have been extremely helpful in getting my OG Droid to SS 5.4 and Chevy's software is top notch. Having said that, my OEM battery was starting to deteriorate in the months before I rooted and flashed, and it has not improved at all with this effort. I have a strong data and voice signal at work but the battery life is not better there than here at home.

My setup is as follows: SS 5.4, Chevy LV 1.1 GHz, Maildroid pushing for 2 accounts, Trillian pushing IM's for 2 accounts, SetCPU profile underclocking to 250 MHz with screen off, SetCPU clocking to 900 MHz otherwise. I have always wiped battery stats and given it a full discharge and charge after a kernel/ROM flash, but issue still remains.

My battery life is as follows: goes down 10% per hour in standby (without touching it!), goes down 30% per hour with heavy web browsing. Battery usage typically shows Display ~40%, Phone Idle ~30%, Cell Standby ~20%, everything else ~7% or less ... even in purely a standby scenario. (This behavior has been the same pre-and post-SS 5.4).

My hypothesis that my battery is defective follows primarily from the scenario where I don't touch my phone for 5 hours, 50% life is gone despite being severely underclocked the entire time in a good signal area, and battery usage is shown as 40% display.

I'm looking for (more?) ways to prove that my battery problem is related to the battery hardware itself and not related to my phone software/config.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Welcome terrapin, This won't help you find out what's eating your power, but I ordered a couple extra batteries a few months ago. I keep em charged and ready to go, so I just grab one when I head out the door.

If it is the battery, they're pretty cheap from Amazon.com, $3.79 + free shipping.
    Amazon.com: Motorola DROID and DROID II 1300mah Standard Battery: Cell Phones & Accessories
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Is this to Root a Droid ? I may be ready for it ???
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    Kmagameguy
    Phone
    Verizon LTE Galaxy Nexus
    I just switched back to SS5.4 after trying out MIUI Rom over the last few weeks. Boy did I miss it, it's just too smooth to run away from. Not to mention with a simple setcpu profile I've been able to keep my phone running on one charge for ~3 days now, with 30% still remaining at the time of this post. Such an amazing ROM, and I look forward to seeing what future iterations offer.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Mind sharing screen shots of. Your home screen and the setcpu profile along with what kernel you are USING?

9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkworkx View Post
    Is this to Root a Droid ? I may be ready for it ???
    You have to be rooted before you can flash this or any custom ROM.

10. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    spc_hicks09
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleirosei View Post
    Mind sharing screen shots of. Your home screen and the setcpu profile along with what kernel you are USING?

I am using ChevyNo1's 1100mhz Medium Voltage Kernel

2 main ways to use SetCPU to get extremely good battery life. Make a "screen off" profile and you can use either one of these 2 settings:

Max: 550
    Min: 250
    Governor: powersave

OR

Max: 250
    Min: 125
    Governor: powersave

If you use the one with a max of only 250, you will most likely get a black screen when you receive a call. If you just let it ring a little, the screen will come on. Below I attached 2 screenshots from my phone.

The one that says 6 hours on battery and still at 100% is with the stock battery using the SetCPU profile with a Max of 250, a Min of 125 and using the "powersave" governor.

The other one is using the same profile on SetCPU, but with an Extended Life battery and it shows 11 hours of use and still on 100% battery life.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [Rom] SS 5.4 GB - 2.3.4 - 5/31/11-stock-battery.png   [Rom] SS 5.4 GB - 2.3.4 - 5/31/11-extended-battery.png  
Page 107 of 117 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 ... LastLast

Links