DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33

Thread: [Kernels] 5/31/11 - Froyo/Gingerbread

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Now that SS 5.6 has that nice Screen Off CPU setting, I'd like to request a new kernel that would perfectly suit my needs.

5 Slots (Pete claims it's superior to 7? My logs say my phone is pretty much always minimum or maximum anyways, which is what I want)

(edit: if 5 slots is out of the question, then my request would be a 7 slot one with 250, 400, and 1000 slots in it)

250 (Screen off level)
    400 (Screen on minimum)
    1000 (Screen on maximum)

ULV

Right now I'm running the 900mhz kernel with 250 as my screen off, 400 as my min, 900 as my max; the responsiveness and overall feel of the phone is definitely improved over global 250mhz minimum speed. Which is worth the battery hit to me.

And yes, to preempt the obvious question, I've monitored the CPU speeds and it does go to 250 when the screen is off but stays at least 400 when the screen is on.

Thanks for the great rom + kernels.
    Last edited by rattsabre; 10-20-2011 at 04:59 PM.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by hellomcfly View Post
    i've used chevy's ulow 800mhz and 1.0ghz with CM 7, and they worked great. simply stunning is built from CM anyway, so i assume all of the kernels should work. did you see if USB mounting worked with the stock kernel when you installed 7.1? it may not be chevy's kernel that is causing the problem.
    Yeah, it works with the stock CM 7.1 kernel and Pete's 1.1 LV kernel. I just downloaded and reinstalled Chevy's 1.1 uLV kernel for GB and it seems good so far. Thanks.
    Galaxy Nexus: CyanogenMod 9-rc0 with Franco's Milestone 4 kernel @ 1.344 GHz
    OG Droid: CyanogenMod 7.1.0 (2.3.7) with Chevy's 1.1GHz uLV kernel, BP7X battery
    Nook Color: CyanogenMod 7.1.0, 1.2GHz kernel
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodhawke83 View Post
    I'll trade stable wifi over battery life.
    My wifi works fine... the phone just seems to do weird things though (both my Droid and the wife's Eris) when running Smartass. Like I said, the overclocking 101 thread showed me some more info, like that the ROM stores the "time in state" and I found that under Smartass my phone never was in a state lower than 550MHz... that's just wrong. OnDemand (which is where I am now) is using all the states properly, which is good... of course, this morning, my phone was locked up hard, and quite warm from just sitting on the charger overnight, so who knows what else is going on here!? More digging to follow...

Just to bring this back to the original point, I don't blame Chevy for any of this. But, I was intrigued to hear about Smartass V2... that's all. And I wanted to give some of my (bad) experience on this governor.

For reference, the OC101 thread is located here: OverClocking 101
    Of note are his follow up post about "Bugless Beast 1.1 and the discovery" where he describes the CPU time-in-state file and such... and where I found my issues with Smartass. I'd love to hear from others if they have similar experience with Smartass and time-in-state.

Lastly, FYI, I am running PE4.2 as a ROM, not SS... again, nothing against Chevy... I'm actually considering coming back to SS soon, but I'd rather fix what's broken than just jump around blindly/mindlessly! (It's the problem-solving engineering side of me!)
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    MotoDroid
    Just installed the ultra low 1.0 kernal on my droid using cm7.. so far it is great.. love it.. great work!
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Do you flash a kernel the exact same way you flash a rom?

Wipe data factory reset, data partition, and davlick data???
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    motorola droid bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by frostyicy View Post
    Do you flash a kernel the exact same way you flash a rom?

Wipe data factory reset, data partition, and davlick data???
    Nope just flash the kernal. Some say its a good idea to wipe dalvik but I don't.

Rooted Moto Droid Bionic
    Running: ICS 6.7.246
    With Apex Launcher

Get dropbox i need more space:
    http://db.tt/rhMQYz60
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Quote Originally Posted by schwinn View Post
    My wifi works fine... the phone just seems to do weird things though (both my Droid and the wife's Eris) when running Smartass. Like I said, the overclocking 101 thread showed me some more info, like that the ROM stores the "time in state" and I found that under Smartass my phone never was in a state lower than 550MHz... that's just wrong. OnDemand (which is where I am now) is using all the states properly, which is good... of course, this morning, my phone was locked up hard, and quite warm from just sitting on the charger overnight, so who knows what else is going on here!? More digging to follow...

Just to bring this back to the original point, I don't blame Chevy for any of this. But, I was intrigued to hear about Smartass V2... that's all. And I wanted to give some of my (bad) experience on this governor.

For reference, the OC101 thread is located here: OverClocking 101
    Of note are his follow up post about "Bugless Beast 1.1 and the discovery" where he describes the CPU time-in-state file and such... and where I found my issues with Smartass. I'd love to hear from others if they have similar experience with Smartass and time-in-state.

Lastly, FYI, I am running PE4.2 as a ROM, not SS... again, nothing against Chevy... I'm actually considering coming back to SS soon, but I'd rather fix what's broken than just jump around blindly/mindlessly! (It's the problem-solving engineering side of me!)
    Smartass governor is designed to automatically sleep at 550 at screen off but unfortunately for some reason it'll never go lower than 550. Its best to use an app to control overclocking (setcpu has tons of profiles to change the speed)

supercharged modified liquid 3.1 w/turbocharged 3g
    Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
    19.8 linpack score
    1856 quadrant score
    My cMetal 11.0 rom for the verizon galaxy nexus

Phone- The GALAXY NEXUS LTE a​ll the
    Rom- My own cMetal 11.0 rom (linaro enhanced cm-11.0)
    Kernel- ASKP or my modified mpokang v10 superram kernel
    previous phone the trusty ol' droid 1
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    enikfox
    Phone
    Rooted NS4g, D1 and Archos 70
    Works fantastic! Running it at 700 MHz and its going great.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Razr>Juke>Blitz(Broken)>Droid>Epic 4G(returned)> NS4G

Links