DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: [Kernels] 5/31/11 - Froyo/Gingerbread

1. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Droidlovinyogi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by metalspring View Post
    Anyone have any suggestions how to keep my phone from running so much at top speed? I like the responsiveness of the interactive governor but just look at the time in each state...
    Time in State
    1250000 | 105011 | 41.66%
    1100000 | 3875 | 1.54%
    1000000 | 6200 | 2.46%
    800000 | 11860 | 4.71%
    550000 | 94573 | 37.52%
    250000 | 5935 | 2.35%
    125000 | 24617 | 9.77%

Isn't there a way to tweak the governor settings a little?

Afterall I don't need the full 1.25Ghz for everything lol

Droid 1: rzrecovery
    Rom: Simply Stunning 5.4
    Theme: TruBlue HoneyGingerComb
    Kernel: Chevys 1.25Ghz ulv
    average linpack scores: 16.8-17.1
    Ttry using SetCPUís ondemand setting, it provides a graded overclocking scale by increasing speed in intervals as the need arises.
    Ondemand is the default governor in my ROM, and governor can be selected in my tools as well - no need for SetCPU unless the goal is to use profiles. I personally believe the default way the ROM comes is the best setup!
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    I like having setpcu for the quite access from status bar, and the extra info it provides and of course a "just in case" temperature profile, never know when some app or something might make it get extra hot for some reason...at any rate, I suppose I'll just sacrifice a little bit of battery life for responsiveness, I like it quick and snappy lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    My cMetal 11.0 rom for the verizon galaxy nexus

Phone- The GALAXY NEXUS LTE a​ll the
    Rom- My own cMetal 11.0 rom (linaro enhanced cm-11.0)
    Kernel- ASKP or my modified mpokang v10 superram kernel
    previous phone the trusty ol' droid 1
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Dunno why but these kernels make my video recordings choppy as hell
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by bigeric828 View Post
    If you use setcpu, yes metalspring you can but thats the setback with interactive governor. It puts you at top speed when you do something.

under advanced you can set up threshhold to 99 and powersave bias higher. These help slow the speed ondemand scales up on. If you use ondemand you could play around with the settings to get a good mix of speed/battery saving.
    Hey bigeric8282,

If you understand how to use and integrate SetCPU’s Advanced settings, would you mind explaining it a bit more. I get a sense of what it’s about from your response to Overmind, but could really use some clarification if you could provide it. Thanks.
    I'm not an expert by any means but ill do my best.

Sampling rate is just how often the android OS checks to see if it needs to be ramped up. I have it set at 32000 as i read by a few people this is the best value.
    Up threshold: I'm not 100% on how it works but i've found the higher the number, typically the less time i'm spent at my max freq. I think i read its something to do with how the CPU is managing everything. Higher number=better battery though, i know that for sure. Alot of people just say put it at 50 but i put mine at 99.
    ignore nice: NO IDEA. i just havent taken the time to find out because everyone ive talked to just has it set to its default.
    powersave bias: What it sounds like. Higher the number the more it will try to save battery.

Powersave bias+upthreshold can really help you save battery. You might not notice a difference between on up threshold(you would see the difference in quadrants though) but on powersave bias- you most definatly will.

By no means is this going to clarify all your questions but its all i know regarding it and it works for me.

i think my advanced section is 32000-99-0-0 though im going to play around with powersave bias.

EDIT: i'm adding this link because its amazing for setcpu info. OverClocking 101

Edit2: i got powersave bias set at 333 and i'm not noticing any difference. I'm on 250-1k ondemand. So if im not noticing a difference then i'll keep it because its still saving more battery i guess
    Last edited by bigeric828; 06-07-2011 at 10:00 AM.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    RAZR2
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomy942 View Post
    Fair enough. I also notice in my battery use, when using the medium voltage, my android os item and android system are at 2% or not even listed. With the ulv and LV, it's at 10 or 15
    The lower your android os battery usage, the more compatible you phone is with that particular speed/voltage

understood. Looks like my droid isnt happy with anything terribly low in voltage.

Android OS usage this morning after 3 hours of music and texting is at 2%
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    RAZR2
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomy942 View Post
    Fair enough. I also notice in my battery use, when using the medium voltage, my android os item and android system are at 2% or not even listed. With the ulv and LV, it's at 10 or 15
    The lower your android os battery usage, the more compatible you phone is with that particular speed/voltage

Does Android System usage mean the same thing or only Android OS?
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    hrdnhvy
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I like having setpcu for the quite access from status bar, and the extra info it provides and of course a "just in case" temperature profile, never know when some app or something might make it get extra hot for some reason...at any rate, I suppose I'll just sacrifice a little bit of battery life for responsiveness, I like it quick and snappy lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    How do u get SetCpu in the status bar???
    Rom: Liquid GB
    Kernel: Stock or Imoseyon
    Theme: Stock
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdnhvy View Post
    How do u get SetCpu in the status bar???
    On the Profiles tab, check the Notifications box.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    If you use setcpu, yes metalspring you can but thats the setback with interactive governor. It puts you at top speed when you do something.

under advanced you can set up threshhold to 99 and powersave bias higher. These help slow the speed ondemand scales up on. If you use ondemand you could play around with the settings to get a good mix of speed/battery saving.
    Hey bigeric8282,

If you understand how to use and integrate SetCPUís Advanced settings, would you mind explaining it a bit more. I get a sense of what itís about from your response to Overmind, but could really use some clarification if you could provide it. Thanks.

Sampling rate is just how often the android OS checks to see if it needs to be ramped up. I have it set at 32000 as i read by a few people this is the best value.
    Up threshold: I'm not 100% on how it works but i've found the higher the number, typically the less time i'm spent at my max freq. I think i read its something to do with how the CPU is managing everything. Higher number=better battery though, i know that for sure. Alot of people just say put it at 50 but i put mine at 99.
    ignore nice: NO IDEA. i just havent taken the time to find out because everyone ive talked to just has it set to its default.
    powersave bias: What it sounds like. Higher the number the more it will try to save battery.

Powersave bias+upthreshold can really help you save battery. You might not notice a difference between on up threshold(you would see the difference in quadrants though) but on powersave bias- you most definatly will.

By no means is this going to clarify all your questions but its all i know regarding it and it works for me.

i think my advanced section is 32000-99-0-0 though im going to play around with powersave bias.

EDIT: i'm adding this link because its amazing for setcpu info. OverClocking 101

Edit2: i got powersave bias set at 333 and i'm not noticing any difference. I'm on 250-1k ondemand. So if im not noticing a difference then i'll keep it because its still saving more battery i guess
    Thanks man, your explanations have helped and thanks for reminding me about the Overclocking 101 post. I actually have it saved in my Favorites, but forgot about it because itís been so long since I first read it, and then it was really hard to understand. Now that Iím a more savvy I think Iíll understand it more.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Hey bigeric8282,

If you understand how to use and integrate SetCPUís Advanced settings, would you mind explaining it a bit more. I get a sense of what itís about from your response to Overmind, but could really use some clarification if you could provide it. Thanks.

Thanks man, your explanations have helped and thanks for reminding me about the Overclocking 101 post. I actually have it saved in my Favorites, but forgot about it because itís been so long since I first read it, and then it was really hard to understand. Now that Iím a more savvy I think Iíll understand it more.
    lol i remember first time i read overclocking 101. i was just like "ya i don't get it at all"

I like my setup right now in advanced settings. real snappy and great battery.
Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Links