DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: bluetooth app

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

bluetooth app

I bought a motorola bluetooth last week and it is supposed to announce who's calling and also read text messages back to you through an app called Motospeak, however that app doesn't work on android 2.3 or newer... or so says the settings on the app's settings screen.

SO, does anyone know of an app out there that would do what Motospeak is supposed to do, or is there anyone that is smart enough to maybe fix this app?
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola A854 Milestone
    Quote Originally Posted by DelawareHunter View Post
    I bought a motorola bluetooth last week and it is supposed to announce who's calling and also read text messages back to you through an app called Motospeak, however that app doesn't work on android 2.3 or newer... or so says the settings on the app's settings screen.

SO, does anyone know of an app out there that would do what Motospeak is supposed to do, or is there anyone that is smart enough to maybe fix this app?
    First, some people have been have problems with the Bluetooth talkback on this build. I, however am not one of them.

Did you run the DSP audio script in the Chevy Tools menu? You MUST do that first, then reboot. If you have a DSP icon in your APPs section, you will need to run the script.

Then, the BT volume defaults to VERY LOW, so you will most likely need to turn it up considerable before you even hear anything.

And sadly, it still may still not work. It did for me, and several others, but not for Chevy and at least one other person.

Good luck!
    Lex
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I did have the DSP Manager, I will disable it through the script and see what happens. Thanks for the response!
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Hmm... so, even after running the script, I still dont get any BT prompts... ...

So there isn't a fix for this at all, other than going back to a previous version of SS?
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid RAZR
    have you tried the one they mentioned in teh other thread about going into settings/ voice input and output/ text-to-speech settings and download the voice recognition files?
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I searched the apps for other people having bluetooth issues, but I didn't get any results that looked promising...

But now that I tried that, I seem to have the voice prompts back. So, it looks like that worked!

Thanks!
  7. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by listenman20 View Post
    have you tried the one they mentioned in teh other thread about going into settings/ voice input and output/ text-to-speech settings and download the voice recognition files?
    Brilliant! This is the fix!
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I did want to mention that, I am still not getting caller ID announcements for some reason. Just says a phone call is incoming.

However, I am getting prompted when I hit the button on my blue tooth to "Speak Now", and it is also repeating when I say "Call <Wife's Name> Mobile". So that is half the battle. Now, just to get the Caller ID to announce..

Links