DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [Rom] SS 5.3 GB - 2.3.4 - 5/21/11

1. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member

Talking [Rom] SS 5.3 GB - 2.3.4 - 5/21/11

EVEN THOUGH it's my wife's birthday - I decided to drop this stuff today I know it's been a long time coming. As many of you know, I've moved from Arizona to Maine - and it's been quite a journey. Went from a 2200sq ft home to a 500sq foot cabin in the middle of the woods - OFF-GRID. No electricity, no running water. So I've had a lot on my hands. And no job. So I appreciate your patience AND your support And so does my wife, LOL!!

If you are already running 5.2 and have no issues - you should not have to wipe. BUT you should wipe cache. If you have weird issues - WIPE DATA ALSO. IF YOU ARE RUNNING RZR - you MUST have 2.0.3 or you will bootloop at the 'M'! You may ALSO have this issue with SPR. I know the latest version of RZR and any recent version of CWR should work just fine. If you see virtually no pause after seeing the text 'Installing data files ...', this is the problem. A critical part of the install is not running correctly. Latest version of RZR (2.0.3)

If you get any apps that FC when they never used to before - go into Settings -> Applications -> Manage, choose the trouble app, and clear data/cache. That SHOULD clear it up.

Special thanks to mobile_sensei for the new background

Special thanks to YankInDaSouth, B-Boy, and yoRk for all the theming - it is very much appreciated.

And also - big thanks to my testers (in no particular order) who did a great job helping me out: B-boy™, cookemandan, jimmydene84, mobile_sensei, redoregon, tbone73, vbhokiefan, virtualhuman, yakitori

No screenshots at this point - I'm tired, worked on the cabin allllll day.

However - a quick blurb about what is new:

2.3.4 is now the base
    Music 3.0
    hotboot (power button)
    am/pm on statusbar (display/media)
    day in date on statusbar
    read_ahead_kb for SD card (performance)
    usb connected fixed (code from cvpcs)
    honeycomb sliders

LINKS: (updated 3:15pm EST 5/24 - includes original patch)

SS 5.3 - 2.3.4

SS 5.3 - 2.3.4 MIRROR

SS 5.3 - 2.3.4 MIRROR

SS 5.3 - 2.3.4 MIRROR (Courtesy of Chudwick)

SS 5.3 - 2.3.4 - UNTHEMED

SS 5.3 - 2.3.4 - UNTHEMED MIRROR

SS 5.3 - 2.3.4 - UNTHEMED MIRROR

Circle Battery Style (Just icons, not ROM)

Circle Battery Style (Just icons, not ROM) - Mirror

Revert to stock animation style
    Last edited by ChevyNo1; 05-25-2011 at 06:23 AM.
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    LIKE A BOSS!!!
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    vs980 CM11
    Woohoo! Thanks Chevy! Can't wait to get this loaded up, too bad it's time for work!
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

Dang!!

All this off a Coleman portable genny?

You da man!

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNo1 View Post
    EVEN THOUGH it's my wife's birthday - I decided to drop this stuff today I know it's been a long time coming. As many of you know, I've moved from Arizona to Maine - and it's been quite a journey. Went from a 2200sq ft home to a 500sq foot cabin in the middle of the woods - OFF-GRID. No electricity, no running water. So I've had a lot on my hands. And no job. So I appreciate your patience AND your support And so does my wife, LOL!!

If you are already running 5.2 and have no issues - you should not have to wipe. BUT you should wipe cache. If you have weird issues - WIPE DATA ALSO. IF YOU ARE RUNNING RZR - you MUST have 2.0.3 or you will bootloop at the 'M'! You may ALSO have this issue with SPR. I know the latest version of RZR and any recent version of CWR should work just fine. If you see virtually no pause after seeing the text 'Installing data files ...', this is the problem. A critical part of the install is not running correctly. Latest version of RZR (2.0.3)

Special thanks to mobile_sensei for the new background

Special thanks to YankInDaSouth, B-Boy, and yoRk for all the theming - it is very much appreciated.

And also - big thanks to my testers (in no particular order) who did a great job helping me out: B-boy™, cookemandan, jimmydene84, mobile_sensei, redoregon, tbone73, vbhokiefan, virtualhuman, yakitori

No screenshots at this point - I'm tired, worked on the cabin allllll day.

However - a quick blurb about what is new:

2.3.4 is now the base
    Music 3.0
    hotboot (power button)
    am/pm on statusbar (display/media)
    day in date on statusbar
    read_ahead_kb for SD card (performance)
    usb connected fixed (code from cvpcs)
    honeycomb sliders

LINKS:

SS 5.3 - 2.3.4

SS 5.3 - 2.3.4 - UNTHEMED

Circle Battery Style (Just icons, not ROM)

Circle Battery Style (Just icons, not ROM) - Mirror

Revert to stock animation style
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    _mister_e
    Phone
    Thunderbolt BootManager=Pimped
    good job chevy glad to see your still around
    Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Watch your words, for they become actions. Watch your actions, for they become habits. Watch your habits, for they become character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
    Unknown
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    Was just surfing the forum and to my surprise saw this posted. Downloading right now and I know this will be hot. Thanks for all your work Chevy and happy birthday to the wife.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  8. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Thanks everyone - I HOPE this works out well - it's been a bit of trial and error with the new setup!
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    been checking all the time the past week! almost closed the window out of habit. thanks!!!!!!
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    why do both links say unthemed? lol
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Stoked. Downloading now. Been legit checking the forum every hour for the passed ~2 weeks lol. cheers
Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Links