DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wifi mysteriously no longer works on ss5.2

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

wifi mysteriously no longer works on ss5.2

I don't know what happen. When I first used the rom it worked for awhile and now when I scan for an access point they show up but the status says its 'not in range.' I've stuck to the chevy lv 1.0ghz kernel that was released on 3/24 for awhile so I don't think its a kernel issue. I don't understand why I've no longer been able to use wifi lately and I know its not a connection problem cuz I've tried in multiple locations. For a long time with the rom I've had no problems with wifi and it just decided to stop working on me. any ideas? I preferably would not like to have to do a fresh wipe and start from the beginning. Idk if the patch that fixes the issues would do anything...appreciate any feedback. thanks
    2bit's droid stats:
    Phone: original Droid 1
    Current Rom: Simply Stunning v5.4(2.3.4 gingerbread)
    Kernel: chevy mv 1ghz
    Nex theme & Launcher Pro

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by TuBitMittens View Post
    I don't know what happen. When I first used the rom it worked for awhile and now when I scan for an access point they show up but the status says its 'not in range.' I've stuck to the chevy lv 1.0ghz kernel that was released on 3/24 for awhile so I don't think its a kernel issue. I don't understand why I've no longer been able to use wifi lately and I know its not a connection problem cuz I've tried in multiple locations. For a long time with the rom I've had no problems with wifi and it just decided to stop working on me. any ideas? I preferably would not like to have to do a fresh wipe and start from the beginning. Idk if the patch that fixes the issues would do anything...appreciate any feedback. thanks
    Mine did the same thing, twice already. The first time I just restored a past back up I made and everything was ok again. If fact everytime my ROM is working real good I make a back up just incase. Anyway, the last time was today. I did a fix permissions and restarted it but I had to do it 3 times and now it's fine. Note I did have to let it sit for a few minutes and the wifi returned. By the way, one of the fix permissions I did was chevy's "fix permissions" the other two were ROM manager.
    Motorola DROID BIONIC
    ICS 4.0.4
    1.2GHz OMAP-4430 Dual Core
    1gig-DDR2 RAM Stock Kernel
    NOVA Launcher
    Quadrant Standard Score 3227
    AnTuTu Benchmark 8249
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    Same problem here as well. I cleared the cache and it came back but only briefly.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by tbone73 View Post
    Mine did the same thing, twice already. The first time I just restored a past back up I made and everything was ok again. If fact everytime my ROM is working real good I make a back up just incase. Anyway, the last time was today. I did a fix permissions and restarted it but I had to do it 3 times and now it's fine. Note I did have to let it sit for a few minutes and the wifi returned. By the way, one of the fix permissions I did was chevy's "fix permissions" the other two were ROM manager.
    I guess I'll try this first. I actually wiped the rom today and then started it again and restored some apps and stuff with titanium backup. the first few minutes after I booted up the rom again wifi was fine but now I've lost it again..-_-
    2bit's droid stats:
    Nex theme & Launcher Pro
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I guess I'll try this first. I actually wiped the rom today and then started it again and restored some apps and stuff with titanium backup. the first few minutes after I booted up the rom again wifi was fine but now I've lost it again..-_-
    Your problem may ly with that you are restoring apps with Titanium Back up. Restore apps after a wipe with the market, normally when you open the market app and go to "My apps" this will restore all your apps automatically, just be a bit patient because all your apps will be re-downloaded and installed to their newest rev. If you have any data like voice recordings or notes and stuff like that you can use TB to restore only the data not the app. all user id or passwords should be re-entered.
    Motorola DROID BIONIC
    ICS 4.0.4
    NOVA Launcher
    AnTuTu Benchmark 8249
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Your problem may ly with that you are restoring apps with Titanium Back up. Restore apps after a wipe with the market, normally when you open the market app and go to "My apps" this will restore all your apps automatically, just be a bit patient because all your apps will be re-downloaded and installed to their newest rev. If you have any data like voice recordings or notes and stuff like that you can use TB to restore only the data not the app. all user id or passwords should be re-entered.
    actually, I was stating to think the same thing.(might have restored too much) >_< I'm wondering how I can resolve the problem from there..
    2bit's droid stats:
    Nex theme & Launcher Pro
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    like maybe I could reset certain settings or something..idk
    2bit's droid stats:
    Nex theme & Launcher Pro
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    like maybe I could reset certain settings or something..idk
    maybe a fix permissions? The best way is to re-install but you might wanna try removing apps one at a time till it starts to work again.
    Motorola DROID BIONIC
    ICS 4.0.4
    NOVA Launcher
    AnTuTu Benchmark 8249
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I had set mine to scan intervals at 45 from 15. I set it back and it works better. Found in Chevy tools and then options.
    Motorola DROID BIONIC
    ICS 4.0.4
    NOVA Launcher
    AnTuTu Benchmark 8249
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Finally got it working again. hopefully it stays bug-free. Thanks for ur guys support.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    2bit's droid stats:
    Nex theme & Launcher Pro
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links