DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camera not working - SS 5.2 - Help anyone?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Camera not working - SS 5.2 - Help anyone?

A few days ago, I've lost functionality of my camera. When I flashed SS 5.2, I came from a full clean wipe flash of SS 5.1. I then just flashed SS 5.2 using RZRecovery. My camera was working fine for a day or two on 5.2, and now the screen stays black. Some background:

- I've tried different kernels thinking that the camera wasn't getting enough power to launch. All haven't been able to launch the camera. I've used all of chevy's kernels.

- I have run fix permissions (suggested by a DF memeber). I did find out that FP needs to be backed out of manually sometimes and chevy said it'll be fixed in next version. I got FP to finish completely once, but that didn't resolve.

- When I load the camera, everything seems ok (execpt the screen being black). I can load pictures from the gallery through the app. I can adjust camera settings. I can change the zoom, although I can't see if it works.

If I can't resolve this, I think I will just do a full wipe and install. The ROM is awesome I'd love to keep it.

Side question. When flashing kernels, is there anything that should be done other than just flashing the new kernel and making a backup prior?

Thanks a lot for any help that I get.

3. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    I would do a backup (ie nandroid) and wipe - if camera then works - you know it's in the data somewhere ...

You could also start a logcat and then open camera - that may give us some hints
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    excellent. thanks for the response. i'm going to do a wipe like you suggested to see about it being in the data.
    as for the logcat, i'm a newb still, so i'm going to have to do some research to figure out how to do that. thanks again chevy
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I wiped 3-4 times, and then flashed SS 5.2 using RZR 2.0.3. This put me in a bootloop on the SS logo. Maybe a bad download of the 5.2 zip?
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Must have been a bad download of 5.2. I downloaded from another link and flashed after a full wipe. Camera doesn't work still, so it must not be bad data.

I'll do some reading to figure out how to perform a logcat and post back. Thanks.
  7. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Premium Member
    OK - if your camera is not working, even with a wipe and fresh install - something COULD be hardware related - if more people had this issue with a fresh wipe, I'd think otherwise - one OTHER thing you could try - is removing all pics from your SD (backup to PC). Since the camera has to read from SD to see what's there already ...
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Gave that a shot. Still no luck. Must be hardware related. Will a logcat (once I figure that out) help here?
  9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Premium Member
    It could - also wondering if camera works in any other ROM's??

10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I haven't tried any other ROMs. Although I do have a logcat!

How would you like me to get this to you?
  11. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Premium Member
    You can sent it to chevyno1.droid@gmail.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links