After much research i finally found a working way to have "boot animations with sound" on my Moto Droid1 running ss GB 5.2!! I take no credit
ALL CREDIT AS FAR AS I KNOW GOES TO Mrdaviso
i personally went with this method:
notice the links are broken but i found a copy of bootsnd.sh here
screaming_android_with_sound.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
from this thread [BOOT ANIMATION]The Screaming Droid! Now With Sound!!! (Updated 3/13/11) - xda-developers
CM6~CM7~Iced Glacier~&~Chevyno1's SSGB 5.1/2
1. Download bootsnd.sh and then copy to the root of your sdcard.
2. Use root explorer or equivalent to set /system and EVERYTHING else r/w (SYSTEM ROOT, SYSTEM AND DATA.)
3. Start terminal emulator up on your device.
4. type "su" + enter to gain root privileges.
5. Type "cd /sdcard" + enter.
6. Type "sh bootsnd.sh" + enter(You will NOT see any output DO NOT RUN THE SCRIPT MORE THAN ONCE OR YOU WILL HAVE TO REFLASH YOUR ROM.)
7. Place your "android_audio.mp3" of choice in system/media/
8. Reboot to hear your boot audio!!
I personally went with the r2d2 bootanimation and made my own mp3 at R2D2 Translator
Just remember to rename your mp3 of choice to "android_audio.mp3"
also i had to edit the mp3 in audacity with silence at beginning to match up to the animation!! although if someone can come up with a good swooshing sound for the beginning that would be sweet
also here is the r2 bootanimation http://www.4shared.com/file/DOAZdQqB...animation.html
Chevyno1 may want to make a chevy hemmy starting up sound and boot animation
I can see the car rumbling now on my phone, be even cooler if you could make it vibrate with the sound too!