DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Kernels] 3/24/11 - Froyo/Gingerbread

1. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member

Cool [Kernels] 3/24/11 - Froyo/Gingerbread

This is the same series of kernels present starting with SS 5.2 - the benefit of these kernels over my others is that (by default) logging is disabled. You can turn on logging by using the logging.ko that is present in the zip, which will go to /system/lib/modules with the others. However - unless you need to debug (ie. run a logcat) it is just taking up precious power.

And YES - these will work for both Froyo AND Gingerbread. Included in the zips are most common filesystem drivers as well. If you do not know what they are, you do not need them

Standard rules apply - if you load up, and get stuck at the 'M' - first wipe CACHE. If still stuck - try a different kernel.

Compcache is supported within these kernels - however, if you are using a non-SS ROM and have problems - you need to speak with that ROM's dev, as most of the work for compcache is in the ROM itself.

Kernels
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid, soon Sensation 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNo1 View Post
    This is the same series of kernels present starting with SS 5.2 - the benefit of these kernels over my others is that (by default) logging is disabled. You can turn on logging by using the logging.ko that is present in the zip, which will go to /system/lib/modules with the others. However - unless you need to debug (ie. run a logcat) it is just taking up precious power.

And YES - these will work for both Froyo AND Gingerbread. Included in the zips are most common filesystem drivers as well. If you do not know what they are, you do not need them

Standard rules apply - if you load up, and get stuck at the 'M' - first wipe CACHE. If still stuck - try a different kernel.

Compcache is supported within these kernels - however, if you are using a non-SS ROM and have problems - you need to speak with that ROM's dev, as most of the work for compcache is in the ROM itself.

Kernels
    Thanks a lot man! I asked an ETA, it came a few minutes later lol.
  3. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Premium Member
    I'm quick like that, ha ha!
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    hrdnhvy
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Wow, the first improvement I am noticing right now are how cool my phone is staying, I dl'd the 1.25 first & installed it, then I clocked it @ 250-1.25, & with my phone plugged in charging I began dl'ing all the kernels to my sd card, & my phones did not seem to go up in temp at all, typically in that situation, while plugged in & dl'ing files back to back my ph temp would go up very noticably, but not with these, its still to early to give any long term feedback, but right now im impressed....awsome work as usual Chevy !!
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Hi Chevy,

These are great. I went directly to the 1.25/7-slot/ULV and have been playing with it. *All the slots are right*, thank you very much . And it's running cool and fast at least on my older Droid1, and I'm pretty confident it will run as well on the newer one.

Btw, the camera works!

Thank you HUGELY for all the great work!

-- Dwoid

6. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Premium Member
    You're welcome, glad you are having good results with them!

7. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    vbhokiefan
    Phone
    OG / D3 / S3 / ?
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Rocking the 1.1Ghz LV kernel (my phone's fav!) hese are slick - Fast and Cool, just like I like....another quality product from Chevy!
    TEAM MAVERICK FTW
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I installed a 1.2GHz kernel one of these new ones and phone rebooted twice already during a bench test. I think im going back to the logging type of kernel.
    Motorola DROID BIONIC
    ICS 4.0.4
    1.2GHz OMAP-4430 Dual Core
    1gig-DDR2 RAM Stock Kernel
    NOVA Launcher
    Quadrant Standard Score 3227
    AnTuTu Benchmark 8249
  9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tbone73 View Post
    I installed a 1.2GHz kernel one of these new ones and phone rebooted twice already during a bench test. I think im going back to the logging type of kernel.
    The ONLY difference is logging - do not see how that could cause a reboot - however - whatever works!

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNo1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tbone73 View Post
    The ONLY difference is logging - do not see how that could cause a reboot - however - whatever works!
    I went back to the 3-9-2011 kernels that are liquid compatible and it seems to be ok. I'm getting 1025 at 700MHz max and 1500 at 1200GHz. I have all the kernels on my SD card just in case I or other people need them
    Nice right!!!
    thanks Chevy!!!!!
    Motorola DROID BIONIC
    ICS 4.0.4
    1.2GHz OMAP-4430 Dual Core
    1gig-DDR2 RAM Stock Kernel
    NOVA Launcher
    Quadrant Standard Score 3227
    AnTuTu Benchmark 8249
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links