DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Market App is Missing from Dock in 5.1

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus, OG Droid (ret)

Question Market App is Missing from Dock in 5.1

The Market app is missing from the launcher dock. I have verified that the Vending.apk file is in the /system directory and it does show up in the list of applications, but when I open the dock (using the stock launcher), it isn't in the list. The Market widget is also not available in the list of widgets.

I tried removing the application with TiBU and then installing a new one via adb and after it launches it FCs and then actually disappears from the list of applications in the dock.

I tried flashing the 5.1 again, but that didn't make any difference.

I did a wipe when I first loaded 5.0 but I haven't done a wipe when upgrading to 5.01 and then 5.1. The Market app was there in 5.01.

Any ideas?

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    If you go to Manage Applications/All does the market show up in that list? If so, clear data. If not, and this was happening to my phone, I'd reinstall the rom after wiping (and I hate to wipe!).

Good luck.
    Baton Rouge, LA
  4. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    There is a known issue in 5.01 that can cause weird issues - if you did not wipe, I suggest it!
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Ok, so I did a wipe and flashed 5.1 again. After I restored from TiBU and rebooted, the icon on the main screen for Market says that the application isn't installed!

The TiBU that I had was from the 5.1 version I was running. Could it be another app that I have that is preventing the Market application from being seen?
  6. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Premium Member
    If the backup from 5.1 was after a 5.01 ROM, and there was no wipe in between - the problem is still in your 5.1 backup ...

You'd have to either go back to 5.0 and take a backup there, wipe, install 5.1, restore - or wipe, install 5.1, and restore manually ...
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Got it. I will go back to 5.0 and work forward from there.

One strange thing - while I was out, I did a wipe and installed 5.1. I didn't do anything else beyond signing into my Google account. I thought the market would start downloading, but it never did. Does that not happen anymore?

I've read about having android secure folder on SD card - would that effect it?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Wow, this is getting really frustrating.

I restored back to SS 5.0 and performed a full backup with TiBU. I then did a wipe and installed SS 5.1. I used TiBU to restore only the missing user apps. Everything is ok (except that none of my apps are appearing in the list of 'My Apps' in the Market). I did a backup with SPR at this point.

I reboot and then run TiBU to restore the system data. I removed from by backup the com.android.vending* files so that it wouldn't be able to mess with the Market app, but after I perform the restore with TiBU reboot the Market app disappears!

So, any idea what bit of system data that I am restoring is causing the Market app to go screwy?
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by VingInMedina View Post
    Wow, this is getting really frustrating.

I restored back to SS 5.0 and performed a full backup with TiBU. I then did a wipe and installed SS 5.1. I used TiBU to restore only the missing user apps. Everything is ok (except that none of my apps are appearing in the list of 'My Apps' in the Market). I did a backup with SPR at this point.

I reboot and then run TiBU to restore the system data. I removed from by backup the com.android.vending* files so that it wouldn't be able to mess with the Market app, but after I perform the restore with TiBU reboot the Market app disappears!

So, any idea what bit of system data that I am restoring is causing the Market app to go screwy?
    Personally, I would strongly recommend you do a fresh install of the rom with wipes and do not use titanium to restore anything. Start totally fresh. The Titanium backups seem to be the only constant in all this. I would try to exclude it from the situation and reinstall all my apps manually. But that just me!! YMMV

Good luck.
    Baton Rouge, LA
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    I know what you're saying, but when I tried that, the Market App didn't download any of my apps when I installed SS 5.1 after a wipe. That says to me that there is something up with the Market that is made worse after I do the restore.

I really hope that I can get this worked out -- other than this Market issue it seems that my phone really likes this ROM and I want to keep using it.
  11. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Premium Member
    I do not understand why you are having these issues - all of my apps are showing in the market ... and unfortunately I do not have a dock so there is no way for me to troubleshoot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links