DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EL Brightness

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

EL Brightness

Ok, so.. right before I updated to 5.1 I had the 'EL Brightness' in Chevy's tools turned way down. I'll turn this setting on and off as I need it. Well, I had it on when I updated only to find out that this setting is no longer available in Chevy's tools. Now I think it's "stuck" on...

Any ideas? I poked around in the Cyanogen mod setting and can't seem to remedy the situation. But then again, I'm not very smart, and cyanogen is complicated.

Also, this is probably just me, but I don't particularly care for this Cyanogen business. I liked things MUCH more when it was just Chevytools. Seems like every setting I liked from chevy tools is being taken over by cyanogen. Idk.. I can deal with it, just my personal opinion.

3. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sixpackcuda View Post
    Ok, so.. right before I updated to 5.1 I had the 'EL Brightness' in Chevy's tools turned way down. I'll turn this setting on and off as I need it. Well, I had it on when I updated only to find out that this setting is no longer available in Chevy's tools. Now I think it's "stuck" on...

Any ideas? I poked around in the Cyanogen mod setting and can't seem to remedy the situation. But then again, I'm not very smart, and cyanogen is complicated.

Also, this is probably just me, but I don't particularly care for this Cyanogen business. I liked things MUCH more when it was just Chevytools. Seems like every setting I liked from chevy tools is being taken over by cyanogen. Idk.. I can deal with it, just my personal opinion.

Actually the same brightness settings are in the STOCK display settings and not under CM - and really there are only a couple of options that are in his settings that also were in mine (ie. browser agent) ...
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Really? I just looked in there & nothing seemed to make a difference. When I turn my screen off, then back on again, it's REALLY dark. It won't go back to it's normal brightness until I go into the display settings, or tap the brightness button on the power widget to cycle thru the different settings. Sorry, I wish I could explain this better, I just know that something's not right.

And I'll have to apologize for my ignorance, all these changes confuse my small brain. Then I get on the internet after a few beers & start spouting nonsense. Thanks for your reply though.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    vs980 CM11
    Really? I just looked in there & nothing seemed to make a difference. When I turn my screen off, then back on again, it's REALLY dark. It won't go back to it's normal brightness until I go into the display settings, or tap the brightness button on the power widget to cycle thru the different settings. Sorry, I wish I could explain this better, I just know that something's not right.

And I'll have to apologize for my ignorance, all these changes confuse my small brain. Then I get on the internet after a few beers & start spouting nonsense. Thanks for your reply though.
    I'd say a wipe is in order, that's definitely not right. There are no settings to be "stuck" that mess with the brightness anymore.

On a side note, I absolutely love having the EL brightness integrated into the normal brightness settings so I can finally use a settings profile to make it really dark for when I use my phone at night as my clock.
  6. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member

No worries! I had to laugh at the few beers comment though, I hear ya!

OK - I would also suggest a wipe .. something is buried in your settings now. Alternatively - you can wait for the next build, as I see something that MAY still be causing your problem ...
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    ugvhjgvlhjgv jgjghjh my gf is awesome do you guys have this widget....nNOPE because youall are sitting in front of your computadoras and talking abotu your phone....and you ask...why dont i have a gf? ...ps please give my bf back. thank you

THE PRECEDING MESSAGE HAS BEEN APPROVED BY RMART88

Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Nova Launcher

8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by rmart88 View Post
    ugvhjgvlhjgv jgjghjh my gf is awesome do you guys have this widget....nNOPE because youall are sitting in front of your computadoras and talking abotu your phone....and you ask...why dont i have a gf? ...ps please give my bf back. thank you
    Wow, sorry guys, my girlfriend got ahold my computer for a minute. she hates my phone and this forum lol.

Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Nova Launcher

9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    anyway, back to my comment....

so my phone will not stay on the set brightness. i use the notification widget to toggle between Dim and 100%. when i set it to dim, and go into any application, it reverts back to 100%.

I had a similar issue in 5.00 where it would always revert back to dim... fixed it by turning off chevys setting for EL brightness... now that the setting is gone, idk how to fix it

Wiped three times before flash. using RZRecovery. coming from 5.01.

EDIT: Just saw in the release thead that this is fixed in the next version. Thanks Chevy!! you Rock!
    Last edited by rmart88; 03-12-2011 at 11:28 AM.

Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Nova Launcher

10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNo1 View Post
    No worries! I had to laugh at the few beers comment though, I hear ya!

OK - I would also suggest a wipe .. something is buried in your settings now. Alternatively - you can wait for the next build, as I see something that MAY still be causing your problem ...
    Ya, beer is good... and stuff

Aha! A wipe! Sometimes the most obvious solutions escape me. It's not a huge deal, everything else seems to be working alright for me. Thanks for the heads up Chevy, maybe I'll just hold out for the next build. See what happens & go from there.

Thanks for your input bros.
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    Wow, sorry guys, my girlfriend got ahold my computer for a minute. she hates my phone and this forum lol.
    I snorted halfway through reading this... stopped in to inform that you owe me a new soft keyboard ;p
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links