DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Music player randomly plays

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    htc thunderbolt

Music player randomly plays

As the topic says my music player will randomly start playing when using ss5.0. Is there a way to fix this? Has it happened to any one else?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  2. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    So it's just sitting on the desk and starts playing? I can understand if it does say if it's in your pocket - just toggle media controls off in tools if that is the case. However - if it's just sitting there and starts, that is different ...
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Yeah, I had the same problem.
    I swear I wasn't hitting the camera button, but my phone kept starting playing music (of course the most awkward type possible for the situation) in meetings, or other times when quiet is the norm.

Since I turned off the media controls, it hasn't happened again.
    Though I wish I could still use the volume controls..
  4. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    All I can say is - in the code - the ONLY thing in my media controls that sends the play/pause intent is if it receives a camera button press - nothing else can trigger it.

That being said - I will make a change so that the volume keys continue to work, even if media controls is turned off.
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNo1 View Post
    That being said - I will make a change so that the volume keys continue to work, even if media controls is turned off.

Thanks! That would be great!

(I am sure I must have been bumping the camera button when it happened, but certainly wasn't trying to)

Was thinking I'd have to modify my belt clip to cover the camera button better.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    htc thunderbolt
    Yeah it went off in my pocket or hand. I don't think I hit the camera button but must have. And stated before it plays the worst music at the worst time lol

7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I have recently started having the same problem on my nonrooted stock droid x. I'll have my phone charging in the night sitting on the night stand when I wake up (left my earphones in the phone so I didn't hear it) music player is playing away. It will also start when doing other things like playing games.

This is probably a related issue, but I've noticed a problem with pandora skipping or stuttering lately. The two issues started happening about the same time and I think the pandora program might be fighting for dominance over music player, which is causing the stuttering. The little "P" icon at the top of the screen is blinking really fast too. If I let it go, eventually pandora wins and continues playing properly.

I have gone into manage applications and forced closed music player, but it will come back on after awhile. Some applications don't seem to want to fight with it and instead I'll get two audio feeds at the same time. My Dish network program is one of the pacifists. Another is "TuneInRadio."

The only thing I can see that has changed recently that coincides with the problem was an update to pandora. Other than that, everything is the same as when everyone was getting along.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    I've been having the same issue since I upgraded to 5.0 - music intermittently starts when I go to unlock my phone. This happens regardless of whether my music control settings are on or off. I've just been dealing with it, but going to see if it's resolved for me in 5.01.

9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    i hav ALWAYS had music problems with teh stock music app since even before i knew how to root. music wuld always start to play on its own when i plugged in my headphones and stuff, best way to fix it is to delete music.apk and enjoy one of the better music apps. winamps been nice to me.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Twitter
    Gil_Smash
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    So i figured out why its happening, at least for me. I have the media controls off but it still plays music when I press the screen on button and the camera at the same time which I must be doing by accident. Its pretty annoying, any one else have the same problem wanna try the screen on and camera button thing?
    Rom: SteelDroid Nexus 1.0
    Theme: Stock
    Kernel: franco.Kernel Nightly
    Launcher: Nova
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links