The moment you've all been waiting for ... and here are some quick release notes as I'm running out of time!!
And silly me - forgot to thank my testers!! You can see who they are from the first page of my testing thread.
In particular - I want to thank yakitori who was the first and primary tester - in addition he has helped with a few other things, such as animation and graphics. And of course, creating new themes for SS, which many of you have asked for and I have no time nor talent for . Also - y0rk has again helped with some of the graphics. Many thanks to the two of them!!
MOST IMPORTANT - If you have ANY issues, ie. maps not locating, market crashing, etc - RUN FIX PERMISSIONS from tools (this runs the RM version now). This will clear up many issues!!
If your market sticks on a download - a reboot should take care of it.
bkapps/rstapps - I made a change to what folder rstapps looks for - and it bunged a few of you up. Before running rstapps - go go /sdcard/SimplyStunning, and rename the apps folder to apps-2.3.2 .. otherwise rstapps will return immediately and have done nothing ...
The 3G icon stays on even if wifi is enabled - will look into that.
Longpress on camera makes it buzz many times ... camcorder will FC if you try to zoom while recording.
1. This is now based from CM as a base - this means you will see new things that come straight from CM So here I give credit where credit is due.
Toggles (ie wireless, bluetooth, gps, sound) now present in pulldown
Music controls on lockscreen, in addition to my screen-off controls
2. Installing this ROM will wipe out the system partitition. Previous SS ROM's included apps in /system that caused issues when upgrading (ie flash,facebook, etc). If you are running a ROM where this app is in /system it will disappear. The exception is for the following apps:
Chrome 2 Phone
I now include these in the data partition. If you do not wipe, this will appear seamless to you. They will now reside in /data, all your settings will be there, and upgrades from the market should not fail.
3. Networking/Filesystems - EXT2 included in the kernel - EXT3/EXT4/TUN included in ROM - NFS/NTFS available for download
4. EL Brightness had a few bugs worked out
5. New kernels now support compcache (and ability in ROM to turn on/off that sticks with reboot). Default setting in Tools will set compcache equal to 25% of system memory in size. You can override by entering this in a shell/terminal:
echo 10 > /data/chevyno1/compcache - This specifies %, so in this case, 10% of system memory. Then just reboot.
6. Overclock file now in /data/chevyno1 (rather than /system). Makes it easier to edit as /data is always writeable. This ROM defaults to 700mhz overclock. Choosing overclock in tools will max out whatever kernel you are running (unless you edit /data/chevyno1/setscaling.d1)
7. Lockscreen timeout changed from 5 seconds to 15 seconds
8. Throttling hack included (debatable whether it works or not - but included nonetheless - no crash in mobile networks either)
And the LINKS!!!
Themed - http://chevyno1.richstevenson.com/gi....00-update.zip
Non-Themed - http://chevyno1.richstevenson.com/gi...e-unthemed.zip
Themed - Google Projects
Themed - megaupload
Themed - dropbox
And lastly - and I HATE TO DO THIS - but I will be out of a job soon - so if you are feeling generous - it is MUCH APPRECIATED. Donate link in my sig.