DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Random issues with new asuron replacement

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Random issues with new asuron replacement

Two weeks ago I lost my phone. Droid 1 running as 4.9. Great performance no problems at all. So I get my replacement in the mail, immediately root it and install ss4.96. Seems to be ok but I'm noticing strange problems. I use touchdown and about once a day I have to re import my exchange contacts to the phone contact list through touchdown. It wont let me add touchdown as an account. Weather bug elite widget dissapears randomly and I have to uninstall and reinstall to get it to show up in the widget menu again. Now this is the kicker. Last Friday my battery was very low and I didn't Yvette a charger handy so I shut the phone off. Next morning plugged into the charger and it turned on then rebooted. Kept doing this so I unplugged the charger and phone was totally dead. I plugged back in and let it reboot over and over and at some point that night it decided to actually charge itself and stop immediately rebooting once it got to the home screen. Any ideas???

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    So now it will stay on but still have contacts and weatherbug issue.

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    I'm not sure what would cause it, and my only idea at a potential fix would be to format wipe it and install again.

From being a former VZW employee, I have to ask...did you use the insurance claim?

If so you got a FRU, field replacement unit as we called it. Basically means theres a chance your phone was returned an hour after previous owner(s) bought it before they got a different phone, or just an equally good chance someone got it wet / dropped it in the toilet, and they got it just to turn on before selling it to you, which would explain the problems.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Yes it was an insurance claim. I hate to wipe and start over again since i essentially did that when i got it. The SD card did not come installed in the phone when I got it. All I did was plug it in and go, I didn't format it or anything. Could hat have something t do wig it? If my problems persist can I get another replacement without having to pay another deductible? This is redic that they send whatever condition phones out as replacements with their asuron sticker under the battery. I pay for the insurance with a outrageous deductible so I should get a brand spankin new phone from Motorola. Not some relabeled mystery condition phone. Sorry for the rant, I do appreciate your input

5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    jfltevzw
    do you have weatherbug elite in internal memory or on your sd card?, if it's on the sd that's probably the issue. As for the bootloops that'll happen occassionaly if the battery is completely drained. I don't use touchdown so the only advice I can give would be to move it to internal memory if it's on your sd.
    ~Word~

Links