DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Slow-er Status Pulldown

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Glad I finally read this thread. Yes, I too have had the slow status bar issue... I hadn't really thought too much about it but it does appear it started since I put 4.95 on. Additionally, sometimes the phone is slow to unlock (from Widgetlocker)... not getting ADW redraws or any of those old memory problems coming back, just these specific instances where the phone is unresponsive for a few seconds.

I'll just hang with it for now, if an update is coming soon that helps it.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Phreaker47 View Post
    Glad I finally read this thread. Yes, I too have had the slow status bar issue... I hadn't really thought too much about it but it does appear it started since I put 4.95 on. Additionally, sometimes the phone is slow to unlock (from Widgetlocker)... not getting ADW redraws or any of those old memory problems coming back, just these specific instances where the phone is unresponsive for a few seconds.

Eh, widgetlocker always made my phone slow. It's the reason I removed it.
    [Phone]: Fascinate [ROM]: Super Clean 2.91
    [Tab]: VZW Samsung Galaxy Tab [ROM] Stock + CWM + EXT4
    [Comp] Win 7
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolsaber57 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phreaker47 View Post

Eh, widgetlocker always made my phone slow. It's the reason I removed it.
    Works great for me. If you haven't used it lately, he's made a lot of improvements, including a root user mode that eliminates the need to use the "helper" feature that requires you make it your "home" app to work well (root mode bypasses the "5 second rule"). That got rid of lots of issues, since system priority is now back on the proper home app.

It's been very good for me, until this 4.95 bug. Still, it's much more about the status bar issue, not so much WL.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I just upgraded to 4.96 from 4.9 & noticed that the status bar pull-down has a delay.

I'm using the unthemed rom, and the only color I've ever changed for the status bar was the clock, and I'd set it to Blue. I went through and changed everything back to Black & there's still a delay.

I use LauncherPro, and I've chosen to "hide" Launcher2 rather than delete it. I don't know if this makes a difference or not. And also, the auto-rotation seems a bit slower as well, but I'm not sure if that's related to the status bar issue.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid - 1.5
    Quote Originally Posted by sixpackcuda View Post
    I just upgraded to 4.96 from 4.9 & noticed that the status bar pull-down has a delay.

I'm using the unthemed rom, and the only color I've ever changed for the status bar was the clock, and I'd set it to Blue. I went through and changed everything back to Black & there's still a delay.

I use LauncherPro, and I've chosen to "hide" Launcher2 rather than delete it. I don't know if this makes a difference or not. And also, the auto-rotation seems a bit slower as well, but I'm not sure if that's related to the status bar issue.
    Six, having launcher2 is very likely to be taking up valuable resources. :-( while i can't say definitively that its your problem, its a hinderer. :-/

Moto Razr
    Rooted
    Launcher Pro+

Retired
    Goog-Moto Droid 1.5
    Launcher Pro Plus
    Chevy's l-v 1k Kernel, 800k-max
    Rom = Chevy's latest...
    (blue/self themed)
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Sholes
    I didn't flash 4.95, but since flashing 4.96 I've had the notification bar both lag and completely lock up, to where I need to hammer home and back several times before the phone becomes responsive again. I have never changed any of the colors in my notification bar, either. I will try the fix posted earlier regarding going in and specifically choosing the default colors When I have the phone in front of me again.

It does seem like this happens more when running Barnacel, so maybe the barnacle notification has something to do with it.
  7. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Thanks for the feedback guys - will be looking into this
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I have the same slow pulldown with different colors selected. What can be done to change this? Is there a prefered color scheme by the system that will eliminate the slowdown?
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I was also suffering from terrible lag, to the point where it seemed like it wasn't responding at all.

I installed the Kuro Black theme and it isn't laggy anymore. Not sure why, other than setting all the text color to white.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    I'm also seeing a lot of lag in the pulldown. All the color's in the pulldown are set to SS Blue

Droid Incredible 2
    Stock (Until the Damn Thing is Rooted!)
    (Once rooted) Chevy's Blue Mix/Black N' Bold
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links