DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Just saying

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Just saying

Everyone talking about the slow processor in this phone seems to forget that they put a smaller processor in to maximize battery life for those of us who need the capabilities of a smartphone with the battery life of a simple cellphone

Sent from my C771 using DroidForums
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    RazMaxx
    Quote Originally Posted by justpeanut1984 View Post
    Everyone talking about the slow processor in this phone seems to forget that they put a smaller processor in to maximize battery life for those of us who need the capabilities of a smartphone with the battery life of a simple cellphone

Sent from my C771 using DroidForums
    You think that's the reason to install a lesser processor? Battery life? I might agree except that this battery is no where near a simple cell(dumb) phone's battery life.
    There is an extended battery out that's a tad bigger at 1800mAh. I'm at a loss as to why they don't include a bigger battery with these devices at launch, it takes the oem back, so it's a no brainer it would seem. Gotta be $$$$$ behind their logic.
    Perhaps their reason is more of a cost cutting feature and they wanted to keep costs down, just speculating. I get about 3/4 of a day out of a charge with the oem. I'm just a medium user. I'll be trying that 1800 out in another week I hope.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bombproof Android
    I would like to know more about this "extended battery" please.....Anyone have experience with it?
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    RazMaxx
    Quote Originally Posted by ecgRN View Post
    I would like to know more about this "extended battery" please.....Anyone have experience with it?
    More info on another forum. My views/impressions as well as some others.
    androidforums.com look under commando

Here's my take on the battery. By the numbers it's only 340mAh larger capacity. that's 18% more juice per charge. With the oem I would usually need to park it on the cradle off and on as I come and go thru out the day. Did I really need to do it that much? Probably not, but I have a couple cradles and it was easy when they were handy.
    I'd much prefer to just charge over nite and be done with it till the next nite, so I'd be good all day. I can do that with the 1800. No worries, so the peace of mind for me was worth the price.
    If eltee could go around a week, he is truely a very light user. I would not have even worried about battery life at all if I were he and saved my money.
    Having come from a previous phone with the same scenerio and upping to an 1800 I pretty much knew what I was getting into. I'd be able to go a whole day on a single charge and no worries. Thats exactly what I got, so I'm very pleased and feel I got something good for my cash.
    So Bottom line for anybody asking themselves whether or not should they get the bigger battery,,,,, Do I want to pay $45 for 18% more juice? If that deal sounds good then go for it. I'm happy with mine and I knew going in it was an 18% increase and that's just what I needed to get me by on a single daily charge. I have only charged it fully twice now so it may even get a bit better over the next week or so as batteries usually do.

Last edited by cbreze; 11-01-2011 at 12:57 PM.

Links