DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GB Update is out!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Casio Commando
    Ok I tried updating but got the error: 410 it said something about not getting a previous IP. What would cause this?
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by reh8388 View Post
    I'm one of those people who is unable to update mine. No matter what I do it won't update. Now that I am seeing you can't root the phone after the update I will probably wait until that is sorted before trying to get the update to work.
    I think we've established that already. I have read, quite thoroughly, that no one has successfully rooted the new update. I, along with others, am actively pursuing a solution. Does anyone have anything constructive to post? Any breakthroughs or new updates to existing rooting software?
    Last edited by Firechicken69; 10-04-2011 at 02:37 PM.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Casio Commando
    Just downloaded it. It rebooted my phone like 3 times so far. Only things I can find that are different are the pull down menus are black instead of white.
    And if you hold down the middle button that usually brings up the Apps window, then it will come up with a small shot of all 5 home screens. Then you can pick one. Big deal, now you don't have to scroll left or right.

We tried to update another Commando & it tanked the phone. VZW is having to replace it altogether. They didn't push the subject much so I'm inclined to think it's happened once or twice before.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Casio G'zOne Commando
    I'm kinda scared to root my phone... any1 know when Verizon plans to release Gingerbread for this phone without me having to root? Still no new updates available right now...
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    RazMaxx
    Quote Originally Posted by foxman250 View Post
    I'm kinda scared to root my phone... any1 know when Verizon plans to release Gingerbread for this phone without me having to root? Still no new updates available right now...
    You don't have to root your phone to get GB. As a matter of fact from what the rooted users are reporting it won't install if rooted. Just check your phone for any available update and follow the prompts. If you do nothing it will eventually install by itself anyway.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Casio Commando
    It's already available. See my post above. Our phones are not rooted.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid razr maxx
    I'm loving the new update ..its about time

I kept my commando rooted and my root is still good... now I wish there was access to a bootloader and custom roms
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Casio Commando
    Hey guys im still a lil green to smartphones. What do you mean by "rooting" and whats "Gingerbread" ? Sorry to sound naive but i am lol
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Casio G'zOne Commando
    Sooo... under the update section on my phone, i get "no new update available" but under status it says new update, but no server available.... any other way to update this damn thing or do i need to go for a drive and find better service?
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    RazMaxx
    Sooo... under the update section on my phone, i get "no new update available" but under status it says new update, but no server available.... any other way to update this damn thing or do i need to go for a drive and find better service?
    If you get data service usually where your at it should work I would think. However, it takes several minutes to download the file so having a solid data connection would be crucial. Maybe take that drive?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links