DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Welcome to the Casio G'zOne Commando Forum

Member #
    Phone
    Casio Gz'One Commando
    It does appear to be a little sensitive to charging amperage. I think the OE charger is 850 mA as stated above. I tried my CrackBerry charger, which has a micro-USB tip, but although it plugged in and initially indicated charging, it shut itself off. I think the BB charger was 750 mA.

I've been running mine down to 12-15% remaining juice before recharging, and then when I do charge, I leave it overnight. I've been getting about a day and a half. Worst was today (on all day, the heaviest use I've done so far), best was two full days.
    Yes, I can hear you now.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Casio Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by deere_x475guy View Post
    ......... waiting on a car mount to come out. I may just design and make my own.
    All I have found so far is universal mounts that you have to pull the plug & plug in the power.
    In my previous post, I mentioned using an AC cradle with a USB cable to a 12v power adapter to "design my own" car dock. Seems like it could work if I can find the right 12v adapter (output 5v, 850 ma).
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG EnV 3
    Can you still use the Phone while it is on the Charging Cradle? I noticed that the power button is covered while on the cradle so is the phone still usable for like web browsing, SMS messaging, etc.?
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Casio Commando
    Yea, you can. In fact it goes to a landscape menu scheme unique to the cradle.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I heard about this phone about a week ago. I am really thinking about it...I have three unused upgrades on my plan.
    One thing tho is that it doesn't have a slide out keyboard that I love about my D2 (and something im looking forward to on the new D3).
    I have a flip phone G'zOne for work and that thing is indestructible, I've dropped it about 30 ft, landed on a sidewalk...have dropped it in a toilet while working....and it s still working beautifully.
    I will be watching this thread and doing some looking around online for a while before I make my decision.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Gz'One Commando

Thumbs up Just Upgraded from the Incredible

I just upgraded from my Droid Incredible, which was rooted and running Gingerbread 2.3.3. The first thing I did was to Root the Commando using the Super One Click Root method out there, and it worked great. Once I rooted, I use the Root Explorer program to delete much of the Bloatware that VZW and Casio put on the device (VZ Navigator, City ID, My Verizon, etc.) Once I was rooted, I re-installed the AppMonster Pro application and used it to Batch install all of my old programs that I had backed up on my Incredible's SD Card.

After installing an HTC Sense type Clock with Fancy Widget Pro, I feel right at home. I was able to duplicate almost everything I had on my homescreens with my Incredible.

So far so good. The hardware is great, and the software hasn't let me down either.

I was even able to take the phone into the pool this weekend and try it out for some underwater pics.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    SAMSUNG GALEXY note 2
    I was even able to take the phone into the pool this weekend and try it out for some underwater pics.

Lets see some pics....Would be cool....
    Ham Radio: KC2KUY
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Gz'One Commando
    Here you go. The pool wasn't the clearest and my test subject couldn't hold still, but here's proof that it works and is still kicking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Welcome to the Casio G'zOne Commando Forum-img_20110513_155224.jpg  
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Casio Commando
    Nice. Gotta love that. So what do you gain by rooting the Commando? Ability to delete their funky apps? Any losses?

I took mine paddlesurfing a couple times this weekend. Had the tunes jammin as I paddled. Biggest problem I found was muting the thing quickly if needed. It's like 5 or 6 buttons just to mute.

I called PCD about the car dock this morning. I guess their the company supporting the Gzones.

Anyway, they said that car docks are old technology & not needed with this phone. How the hell do they expect it to be a "hands free" experience & within the law of most states I don't have a clue. I think the gal either didn't understand what I wanted or is just clueless.

Hey Koolshaggy, do you notice any difference in performance when the phone is rooted? Or any loss of features?

A pic I took this weekend at the Spokane Shock arena football game on Sat night. Thought it was funny how the players on the run blurred & everything else is clear.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Welcome to the Casio G'zOne Commando Forum-shocked.jpg  
    Last edited by AirJunky; 05-16-2011 at 03:56 PM.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    SAMSUNG GALEXY note 2
    How did u take that? Was it hard due to the heat sensitive screen...

Sent from my C771 using DroidForums
    Ham Radio: KC2KUY
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links