DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Welcome to the Casio G'zOne Commando Forum

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Casio Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by Catt View Post
    same with the auto-play for the music sync - i cannot find ANY setting to change the default, or disable it.

Non root, tethered with USB cable -
    Not sure if this helps you, but I found this out last night. When you connect the phone to the computer via USB, drop down the top menu bar and select the 'USB Connection' row. On the next screen, your given the option to select the SD card mode. Maybe it's possible the first time around you accidentally unchecked the "Don't show me this again" box? For more details, see here: Transfer Music Files - Casio GzOne Commando C771

On a similar, but different - and equally frustrating note - I'm having issues transferring music files to my phone via USB. I was able to move over a couple GB of music, but the session eventually 'timed out'. I put timed out in quotes because it didn't officially say this, but it sure seems that way. Basically, the connection would only work for so long before the phone 'lost' the SD card. Yep, after about 10-15 minutes, the transfer stopped, an error message was returned, and the SD card was invisible from the phone's perspective. Couldn't find the apps I have stored on there or anything unless I pulled the battery and card. Right now I'm attempting to load music directly onto the card through a card reader, but that isn't a good long-term solution IMO. I left this transfer in process last night before I went to bed and hoped it would work itself out. Unfortunately this AM, there was no new music on the phone. Frustrating to say the least. Has anyone else had similar issues?

Much like Catt, I want to like the phone for it's obvious durability. If I can't transfer basic files without issues, this phone's tenure will be short lived.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Casio G'zone Commando
    AH! thank you 1234 that could certainly be possible -it was making me CRAZY that i could NOT find any setting to set. and there was no 'first time around', it never gave me that prompt or option - however, that setting could have been chosen by the other person who had the phone before me, (it was my husband so he didn't factory reset before giving it back - he just handed it over and said, ok YOU deal with the damn thing, LOL) -- so the menu choice flub is certainly a possibility.

but it's moot now. i factory reset it's annoying little brain and re-activated my other phone; the commando is on the selling block now. LOL
    Last edited by Catt; 09-19-2011 at 07:18 AM.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    c711 casio commando
    USB debugging on? Is it on media sync or mass storage make sure the ad card is UN mounted before transfers also. Are you using the cord that came with the phone?

Sent from my C771 using DroidForums
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Casio Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by pokskip View Post
    USB debugging on? Is it on media sync or mass storage make sure the ad card is UN mounted before transfers also. Are you using the cord that came with the phone?

I'm going to assume this is directed at me, rather than Catt. I don't know if the USB debugging is on. Can you explain further? I had it set to mass storage and used the cable that came with the phone. Can you also explain the 'unmounted' point? Maybe I screwed the pooch on something...
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    c711 casio commando
    @1234. Sorry new to the app. Unmounted should show a symbol with a sd card with a settings symbol on it. This should happen when you select mass storage. I have no issues transferring music for more than 20 mins. Have you tried using a different USB port on yourvcomputer? Its a strange issue, if your rooted it may affect it? Idk

6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Casio Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by pokskip View Post
    @1234. Sorry new to the app. Unmounted should show a symbol with a sd card with a settings symbol on it. This should happen when you select mass storage. I have no issues transferring music for more than 20 mins. Have you tried using a different USB port on yourvcomputer? Its a strange issue, if your rooted it may affect it? Idk

Ah, I see. I don't know if the SD card was unmounted or not. I'll have to check tonight when I try again. It worked for about 15 or so albums, but the rest died (unsure how many GB I transferred, I'll have to check). I'll try another port...good recommendation that I didn't think of. Will try this tonight and report back.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Casio Commando
    Well, some updates...and my patience is thinner than ever. I managed to load all of my music files to the SD card with my adapter hooked up directly to my PC. Took a while, but I eventually got all 21 GB on. I installed the card in the phone, powered it up, hooked up the USB cable to verify the files were there and all was well. Good. I then used the phone's music player to look for the music. Lo and behold, I can only see artists A through B...literally only a fraction of what I put on there. It is like my phone can't see the files. Multiple reboots don't improve things. What gives? I've already spent too much time on this. My Blackberry and wife's iPhone don't have these issues...argh!
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    FastKatt
    Phone
    Rooted RazrMaxx
    Catt: What is the asking price? My Daughter dropped her OG Droid on concrete, it won't charge anymore & we didn't have insurance not do we have an available upgrade...

Swyped on my Droid Bionic, sent via Tapatalk. It's amazing what ones thumb can do!
    Me: Motorola Droid RazrMaxx - Rooted
    Wife: Samsung Galaxy Note2 - Stock
    Son: Motorola Droid 4 - Rooted
    Daughter: Motorola Droid Bionic - Rooted
    Spare Rooted Phones: LG Vortex & 3 Droid 1s
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    G'zOne Commando

Saving Pics

I was hoping someone could help me figure out how to either save the pics to the sdcard or transfer them to the pc? I went canyoneering this weekend and the Commando was in and out of the water, worked great.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Casio Commando
    By default, your pics should go to the SD card...as least, mine did. Of course, if the SD card isn't loaded...do that first.

Look up WiFi Explorer for file transfer. It allows file download over your wireless network so no need to use the cable.
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Links