If the minimum brightness tweak in BBv0.5 is too dim for you...
You can fix it by using xUltimate Auto Brightness Patcher: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/xeu...xultimate.html.
I found this very easy to use. Download the standalone zip file by that name, and extract it. Some instructions are in the readme text file, but here's exactly what I did.
1. Using Root Explorer, go to /system/framework and copy framework-res.apk to your SD card.
2.Transfer framework-res.apk to the directory where you put the auto brightness patcher.
3. Double click on the patcher and you'll see a green cmd box and be asked what level you want your min brighness set to, then you'll see the cmd box running the patcher.
4. If you have your phone connected by USB, then when the prompt in the command box asks if you want the patched file transferred to your phone, type y and it will be transferred to your phone.
5. Reboot your phone and the change will be immediate.
6. Because you transferred the framework with the phone on, you probably knocked out your wallpaper selection and your google account, so you'll need to reselect your wallpaper and go to Settings>Accounts & sync and add your google account again.
Note that if you use Root Explorer to put your patched framework-res.apk back in /system/framework, you must set permissions before you reboot or you'll go into an endless bootloop.
MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE YOU APPLY THE PATCH.