DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If the minimum brightness tweak in BBv0.5 is too dim for you...

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by gotwillk View Post
    damn i spoke too soon. it didn't work.

so i copied framework-res.apk out to sdcard, mounted sdcard, copied that file over to my pc, ran the exe patch, then copied back the patched framework-res.apk into my system/framework folder, overwrote the original file, and rebooted.

got endless bootloops.
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosgeneration View Post

so i copied framework-res.apk out to sdcard, mounted sdcard, copied that file over to my pc, ran the exe patch, then copied back the patched framework-res.apk into my system/framework folder, overwrote the original file, and rebooted.

got endless bootloops.

I get the same problem. Help.

Same here. I gave up. Had to reinstall BB 05 over my install from recovery.

Followed the instructions, and get force closes, etc - chaos, after the modified framework-res file is overwritten. Phone reboots to the white Droid logo right before the red eye, and the droid logo comes up, over and over. Battery pull did nothing, had to get into recovery with holding X and power keys down, and reinstall BB on top of the existing install. Tried a few ways again, same issues.
    Last edited by Airbot; 09-23-2010 at 04:22 PM.
    LGB 2.6 FTW
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by Airbot View Post

got endless bootloops.
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosgeneration View Post

got endless bootloops.

I get the same problem. Help.

Same here. I gave up. Had to reinstall BB 05 over my install from recovery.

Followed the instructions, and get force closes, etc - chaos, after the modified framework-res file is overwritten. Phone reboots to the white Droid logo right before the red eye, and the droid logo comes up, over and over. Battery pull did nothing, had to get into recovery with holding X and power keys down, and reinstall BB on top of the existing install. Tried a few ways again, same issues.
    same issues here, please help!!!
  3. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Wow, it's clear that the patcher didn't go as easily for everyone as it did for me. I suggest you restore your nandroid backup and use manual brightness temporarily. I've talked to Pete about doing a script or the like to make it easier. He's working on it and he said he would post a zip that people who don't like the dimness tweak can flash to restore it to stock min brightness.
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    CodenameAndroid/Leankernel
    ASUS Transformer Prime
    Rooted/unlocked and overclocked
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by GirLuvsDroid View Post
    Wow, it's clear that the patcher didn't go as easily for everyone as it did for me. I suggest you restore your nandroid backup and use manual brightness temporarily. I've talked to Pete about doing a script or the like to make it easier. He's working on it and he said he would post a zip that people who don't like the dimness tweak can flash to restore it to stock min brightness.

Damn you guys are AWESOME!!!! that's great news man us blind people thank you!!!!!!
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    I didn't get the option to copy over to the phone. I had my phone hooked up through USB with the SD card mounted. I ended up manually copying it to /system/framework with root explorer, then set permissions to RW, R, R because that is what the original file had. Also I tapped R/W in root explorer before doing anything. Needless to say, IT WORKED. Not sure if those few things I did made a difference as opposed to everyone else. But I think the permissions could be a huge factor
  6. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by jasondeg View Post
    I didn't get the option to copy over to the phone. I had my phone hooked up through USB with the SD card mounted. I ended up manually copying it to /system/framework with root explorer, then set permissions to RW, R, R because that is what the original file had. Also I tapped R/W in root explorer before doing anything. Needless to say, IT WORKED. Not sure if those few things I did made a difference as opposed to everyone else. But I think the permissions could be a huge factor
    That's a good thought, but I don't think that's the issue. Having the patcher push the framework to my phone worked fine for me.

EDIT: Oh, you know what, you may be right! I just looked back over some of the other posts and there were some who copied and replaced framework rather than using the patcher to push it -- and if those folks didn't set permissions before reboot, then that would definitely cause their endless boot loops. Good call Jason!
    Last edited by GirLuvsDroid; 09-23-2010 at 06:43 PM.
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    ASUS Transformer Prime
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by GirLuvsDroid View Post
    That's a good thought, but I don't think that's the issue. Having the patcher push the framework to my phone worked fine for me.

EDIT: Oh, you know what, you may be right! I just looked back over some of the other posts and there were some who copied and replaced framework rather than using the patcher to push it -- and if those folks didn't set permissions before reboot, then that would definitely cause their endless boot loops. Good call Jason!
    Was just about to say the same thing. Thanks for the post and instructions, I now LOVE this rom. It might be worth editing the original post if people don't get the option to automatically copy like I didn't. Not sure why that is though
  8. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Was just about to say the same thing. Thanks for the post and instructions, I now LOVE this rom. It might be worth editing the original post if people don't get the option to automatically copy like I didn't. Not sure why that is though
    Like I said, Pete is working on a zip update that people can flash to fix this issue.
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    ASUS Transformer Prime
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    +1 for endless loops. However, I'm super happy to see GLD and Pete working on this. HURRAY.
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3 - Rooted
    followed instructions except using astro, NO$ right now to by root explorer. Anyhow all goes fine but now I can not get the new file back in to the framework dir. The patcher did not offer to put the file back on my phone. And astro can not copy back to the framework dir. What do I do?

CM
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links