DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ota 9/3/10

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Ota 9/3/10

Is it safe to do OTA updates with bb .4?

3. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Twitter
    DroidForums
    Phone
    [MDK] S4
    Premium Member
    That depends, have you installed Pete's block updates patch, do you have a custom recovery installed (SPR/CWR)

If you installed the patch you shouldn't be prompted for an OTA, if you haven't and you are prompted for an OTA the custom recovery should make it fail during install

4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    yea, clockwork.....where can i find the patch? And can it just be loaded with clockwork mod?
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorolla Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by ding007 View Post
    yea, clockwork.....where can i find the patch? And can it just be loaded with clockwork mod?
    Link to patch - I don't use it, I just let the update install and clockwork and the rom stop it and I reboot and never deal with the notification again.

FRG22D Stop OTA Notification for BB Froyo V0.4
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Thank you for your help guys. Like I said in the past, this is THE best forums around
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I d/l'ed the update.zip, installed it with clockwork mod, rebooted, it installed, rebooted, and the 1st thing that popped up was the OTA update. Any suggestions?
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Essentially, they answered you, but I am not sure the correct answer was given. I use BB and when I got OTA update messages I patched and they stopped. A new OTA is out today and I am getting update messages again. A new patch is needed Id guess, but like the OP I wonder if it is just safe to install. Probably would give me grief because I themed my BB.

Using Droid, 2.2, Verizon.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    If you're using clockwork or sprecovery, just allow the update. Your phone will boot into recovery, then block the update. if it freezes pull the battery and you're all good. No more update notifications.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    After I got the latest stopota, I still got the update notification. ended up doing what the others suggested on installed in and CWM will block the update.

I canceled the update though after it had downloaded(instead of updating and rebooting for the block to happen) and then my phone refreshed and the update notification went away :-)
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Just an FYI... Folks that allowed the install via clockwork mod are saying they're receiving the notification again after an undisclosed period of time. Seems like just allowing the install is just stopping the notification for short period of time.

As far as those who are wanting to use the latest patch to stop the OTA, FRG22D is THE LATEST ota out for verizon. I think theres some confusion between the OTA a couple weeks ago that released FRG01B and this weeks OTA that released FRG22D.

That being said, Pete's original STOPota.zip that he still has available on his site was constructed to stop the FRG01B OTA. He built it prior to anyones knowledge of the frg22d OTA. Therefore, his patch does NOT stop this most recent OTA.

So those receiving the OTA TODAY are receiving it for FRG22D. and should download and install the patch here:
    FRG22D Stop OTA Notification for BB Froyo V0.4
    As to my knowledge, this is the only patch out for BBv0.4 for frg22d.

if you restart just to get the OTA still, allow it AFTER you install this latest stop ota patch, let clockwork deny it, and it will be gone for good.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links