DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: bluetooth issues on v.04?

  1. Droid
    socalsx's Avatar
    Member #
    34318
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    71
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #1

    bluetooth issues on v.04?

    I was wondering if anyone is familiar with bluetooth issues under v.04?
    When i had it, media would rarely connect to my sony xplod head unit. I would have to keep disconnecting/reconnecting to get it to stay. the phone aspect would connect, but media wouldnt.

    I switched to Sapphire 1.0 which solved the issue, but i'd like to come back to v.04 for better stability and speed.

    are there any fixes or file swaps i can do myself? thanks
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Junior Droid
    GZ2525's Avatar
    Member #
    103210
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    24
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #2
    I'm having very, very low audio on my Bluetooth. Anyone have any suggestions?
  4. Droid
    socalsx's Avatar
    Member #
    34318
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    71
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #3
    GZ - can you be more specific? phone call, media, earpiece, car stereo?

    my stereo has an extra volume setting that amplifies the bluetooth signal. might want to take a look at the manual or settings. other than that mine is just as loud as my CD's (running amps/components/sub)
  5. Junior Droid
    GZ2525's Avatar
    Member #
    103210
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    24
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by socalsx View Post
    GZ - can you be more specific? phone call, media, earpiece, car stereo?

    my stereo has an extra volume setting that amplifies the bluetooth signal. might want to take a look at the manual or settings. other than that mine is just as loud as my CD's (running amps/components/sub)
    I have a Plantronics Explorer 230 that all I use for is for Phone Calls. I got it paired fine and I put it at the highest volume and I still can't hear anything unless I jam the thing down my ear and then it's still faint.
  6. Senior Droid
    crazyjoker2's Avatar
    Member #
    86912
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    157
    Phone
    MotoDroid
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by GZ2525 View Post
    I'm having very, very low audio on my Bluetooth. Anyone have any suggestions?
    I had the same issue. Something else like my messaging wasnt working like i wanted because I chose the wrong option for a default. I restored to an earlier point and but v0.4 back on and everything worked like a champ.
    Moto Droid
    UD 2.5
    RedmanX Theme


  7. Master Droid
    bendystrawboy's Avatar
    Member #
    72121
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    797
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    droid
    #6
    id recommend trying ultimate droid, voice dial and even the new voice search features all work over bluetooth.
  8. Droid
    mmaniaci's Avatar
    Member #
    2139
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    57
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    #7
    when running bb .4, are you using any themes? Stock BB I had no problem with but when I applied a theme, it stopped working. I ended up extracting the bluetooth.apk from the original bb zip and copying over the bluetooth.apk that came with the theme. You probably can do the same thing with the saphire one if it is the bb one that is causing you problems.
  9. Droid
    socalsx's Avatar
    Member #
    34318
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    71
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by mmaniaci View Post
    when running bb .4, are you using any themes? Stock BB I had no problem with but when I applied a theme, it stopped working. I ended up extracting the bluetooth.apk from the original bb zip and copying over the bluetooth.apk that came with the theme. You probably can do the same thing with the saphire one if it is the bb one that is causing you problems.
    No i never ran a theme.. I would like to take the bluetooth.apk from sapphire.. Im not sure exactly how to do so.. just copy paste after deleted bb.04's?
  10. Droid
    mmaniaci's Avatar
    Member #
    2139
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    57
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    #9
    Try this:

    Try going into the Saphire update zip and extracting Bluetooth.apk (located in system/app of the zip file), then use Root Explorer (or whatever) and copy it to system/app replacing the existing BlueTooth.apk. Be sure to verifiy 644 permissions and then reboot.
  11. Car
    Car is offline
    Senior Droid
    Car's Avatar
    Member #
    87718
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    113
    Phone
    Moto Droid A855
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by GZ2525 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by socalsx View Post
    GZ - can you be more specific? phone call, media, earpiece, car stereo?

    my stereo has an extra volume setting that amplifies the bluetooth signal. might want to take a look at the manual or settings. other than that mine is just as loud as my CD's (running amps/components/sub)
    I have a Plantronics Explorer 230 that all I use for is for Phone Calls. I got it paired fine and I put it at the highest volume and I still can't hear anything unless I jam the thing down my ear and then it's still faint.
    I use the same headset. Volume is plain horrendous, but can't expect too much from a $30 Bluetooth. Also, this headset does not support streaming audio, just voice calls. I used this same headset with my old envy2 and I could stream music thru Bluetooth but cannot with my Droid....strange!

    P.s. make sure you are raising the volumes on both phone and headset, as they do have separate levels.
    Last edited by Car; 08-26-2010 at 01:19 PM.
    Moto Droid A855 FRG22D 2.2
    Bugless Beast v0.5
    Modified NexTheme
    Stock 800mhz kernel
    Astro File Mgr Pro
    setCPU
    Beautiful Widgets
    Flash 10.1 (woohoo!)

    "Powered by Android, entertained by Pandora"...me ;-)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Bluetooth issues
    By JackiA in forum Droid 2 Tech Issues
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 07:03 AM
  2. Bluetooth issues
    By fortune730 in forum Bugless
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-14-2010, 11:04 AM
  3. Bluetooth Issues
    By MissEvoIXMR in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-29-2010, 01:01 PM
  4. Bluetooth Issues!
    By billyk in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-16-2010, 08:54 AM
  5. Bluetooth Issues
    By cyber75sax in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-27-2009, 07:45 AM

Search tags for this page

does the plantronics explorer 242 work with my droid2

,

droid x2 plantronics blue tooth explorer 230

,
galaxy xplod bluetooth
,

how to connect plantronics explorer 230 to droid x

,
mod to amplify bluetooth signal htc thunderbolt
,
pairing the bluetooth plantronics 230 explorer to android
,

panasonic explorer 230

,

plantronics explorer 230 is paired with thunderbolt but will

,
plantronics explorer 230 pair android
,

plantronics explorer 242 c

,
sony xplod andriod fix
,

sony xplod bluetooth droid phone audio

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+