DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: new "Voice Search" won't install

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 19DroidRage84 View Post
    Below is a link to a gapps update.zip that includes the new google search, voice search, and gmail. Many thanks to perfinion from koush's IRC channel for putting this update.zip together!

You have to be rooted to use this. Also make a backup and don't blame me if you mess things up. .

http://www.perfinion.com:81/gapps/
    New Gmail? What's the differences?
    Some UI changes and its supposed to be faster.
    Motorola Droid
    Cyanogenmod 6 nightlies
    Clockwork Recovery
    cvpcs's 1.2ghz SV
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Unhappy Voice Search install "unsuccessful" on MOTO DROID

I am fairly new to the Droid community and hope someone can help me out with an issue. I have a four-week old MOTO DROID running UD Froyo Extreme 3.5.0. (A tech friend of mine help me set that up.) I am trying to download and install the new version of Voice Seach from the Market and keep getting an "installation unsuccessful" error. I have read through quite a few threads here and have not seen anything that I thought was specific enough to my particular case. I did attempt one of the "su" options and could not get through it without an error.

Can someone help me out or at least get me pointed in the right direction?
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Maxx, Tbolt DX OG D1
    Quote Originally Posted by TedWilliams View Post
    After browsing through the first few pages, I don't recall seeing it mentioned, so figured I'd bring it up. I know that using Terminal works, but for those of you who don't use terminal by chance, if you've used Titanium Backup, you can just uninstall the apps that way. So, if you're trying to download C2P, Google Search, Voice Search, and so on, just open up Titanium, click on the respective app, then click uninstall, and lastly, just reboot. This has worked for me for everything.

I think the problem has come up because of the roms that we use typically have these apps built in to the system (which is why you may see it in the market as not being installed) which in turn won't allow us to update.

I think that's it, my bad if anyone else had mentioned this before; like I said, I skimmed through the pages.
    For anyone having issues updating this is by far the easiest way to resolve the issue.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Anyone able to get to http://www.perfinion.com:81/gapps/ ? I get Page error!
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by psp1000k5 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TedWilliams View Post
    After browsing through the first few pages, I don't recall seeing it mentioned, so figured I'd bring it up. I know that using Terminal works, but for those of you who don't use terminal by chance, if you've used Titanium Backup, you can just uninstall the apps that way. So, if you're trying to download C2P, Google Search, Voice Search, and so on, just open up Titanium, click on the respective app, then click uninstall, and lastly, just reboot. This has worked for me for everything.

I think the problem has come up because of the roms that we use typically have these apps built in to the system (which is why you may see it in the market as not being installed) which in turn won't allow us to update.

I think that's it, my bad if anyone else had mentioned this before; like I said, I skimmed through the pages.
    For anyone having issues updating this is by far the easiest way to resolve the issue.
    +20 for this solution, I'm not a complete noob, but I still rarely venture into anything where I have to do terminal commands. Titanium Backup wins the interwebs for sure. This hooked up my chrome to phone and google search just like poster said.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    [HOW-TO]Remove System Apps from the HTC Desire with ADB in Windows - Android @ MoDaCo

I booted into recovery and removed the VoiceSearch.apk.

I then booted back up and downloaded the newest VoiceSearch from the market. The signatures must have changed from the one that was loaded on the rom to the newest .
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Links