DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UD to BB

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    twitter.com/dragonfly1113
    Phone
    Droid 3

UD to BB

so thinking of switching from the newest ultimate droid to Bugless Beast after reading the convo he had with Droid-Life and was just curious if i should be wiping data and cache? i choose not to do that alot when i install newer roms because i hate having to "reprogram" the phone. that is what happends when you choose to wipe data and cache correct?

Been rooting droids for a while with a different rom almost weekly to try and find the best out there just never do the wipe data and cache wondering how important it is to how the phone performs after a new rom install.

3. Android For Life
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly1113 View Post
    so thinking of switching from the newest ultimate droid to Bugless Beast after reading the convo he had with Droid-Life and was just curious if i should be wiping data and cache? i choose not to do that alot when i install newer roms because i hate having to "reprogram" the phone. that is what happends when you choose to wipe data and cache correct?

Been rooting droids for a while with a different rom almost weekly to try and find the best out there just never do the wipe data and cache wondering how important it is to how the phone performs after a new rom install.
    Probably all of your issues stems from installing differing ROMs over one another without wiping data....
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly1113 View Post

Probably all of your issues stems from installing differing ROMs over one another without wiping data....
    Does the phone need to be "reprogrammed" after every time?
  5. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    RAZR!
    Premium Member
    Yea, you should ALWAYS wipe data and cache a few times before installing a new ROM. In fact, I always wipe my phone clean even for an update on the same ROM just so my phone is completely error free. So yea, WIPE!

Also, I don't want to start any negative talk, but why are you going from UD to BB. Personally I feel like thats a downgrade.
    The Mooooooon!
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by icculusX View Post
    Yea, you should ALWAYS wipe data and cache a few times before installing a new ROM. In fact, I always wipe my phone clean even for an update on the same ROM just so my phone is completely error free. So yea, WIPE!

Also, I don't want to start any negative talk, but why are you going from UD to BB. Personally I feel like thats a downgrade.
    UD was slowing down on me and the nav wasnt working right when in the car dock figured id give something else a try. UD is good though, maybe its just due to me not wiping.
  7. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    RAZR!
    Premium Member
    Yea, my nav works fine and this ROM has been super fast. I'd say wipe before changing anything.... it's as good practice as making nandroid backups...
    The Mooooooon!
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Yea, my nav works fine and this ROM has been super fast. I'd say wipe before changing anything.... it's as good practice as making nandroid backups...
    Will the wiping make me reprogram the phone? sorry for all the noob'ish questions feel dumb asking these since ive been installing roms for a while now.
  9. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    RAZR!
    Premium Member
    You'll just have to sign into your google account again and let it sync for a bit. You can always use an app like Titanium Backup to save and restore all your app and settings data...

Don't feel dumb asking questions like these. Only one way to learn...
    The Mooooooon!
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    Phone
    Droid 3
    You'll just have to sign into your google account again and let it sync for a bit. You can always use an app like Titanium Backup to save and restore all your app and settings data...

Don't feel dumb asking questions like these. Only one way to learn...
    Ok thanks bud. hopefully it all goes through with no issues
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid A855 LFY1.5 slayher 1250
    On my Droid, UD was slower than BB, didn't play well with some of my apps, bluetooth wouldn't recognize the button push (felt like 2.1) and broke WiFi Tether. I gave it about 12 hours, but couldn't come back to BB fast enough. I was bored waiting for v0.5, so figured I try. To me, the hype seems to be hype, but I guess different phones always play better with different ROMs/settings. Maybe I'll try it again sometime, but it certainly isn't a "downgrade" moving from UD to any other ROM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links