DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Help with all this 2.2 confusion. Simple Question Here

1. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Phone
    Bionic, G Nex and T Prime
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member

Help with all this 2.2 confusion. Simple Question Here

I am kind of new to all of this and I have been chugging along just fine. Now this 2.2 thing comes along and I just don't know what to do here.

I have Bugless Beast 0.4 running at 800mhz with the red glass theme installed, changed my icon colors and am working on messing with the framework-res.apk file to change the text colors and backgrounds of things.

I am quite happy with my phone but I also don't want to fall behind and have an outdated phone.

Should I just leave it alone until Pete comes out with the BB 0.5 (which I assume will include a modified version of the new 2.2) and then wait till Cuttalott updates his theme for 0.5?
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    OG Droid, Charge, Bionic, S4
    Premium Member
    I believe you are in the majority of rooted users. I dl'd the update and played around, tried some different things just to see the latest. But, it just seemed bland when compared to my rooted and personalized droid. Now, for someone who has been using the stock 2.1 since the last OTA, it looks like a brand new world (I can remember that feeling) with new bells and whistles. But since I've been using FRF57, FRF84 and FRG01 based roms and themes I've been using the enhancements for sometime.

Anyway, your phone is in no way outdated. You are ahead of the curve. Just let the devs do their thing.
  3. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Phone
    Bionic, G Nex and T Prime
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Excellent. I will wait and see what Pete does with the BB. I knew for stock it would be the greatest thing since sliced bread but for rooted I was just so unsure. Thanks for clearing that up.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    I am going to wait until Pete releases .05. I am happy with .04, customized to my liking. I am sure it won't be much longer before he drops .05, tweaked official 2.2 and all of that jazz.
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wricks View Post
    I believe you are in the majority of rooted users. I dl'd the update and played around, tried some different things just to see the latest. But, it just seemed bland when compared to my rooted and personalized droid. Now, for someone who has been using the stock 2.1 since the last OTA, it looks like a brand new world (I can remember that feeling) with new bells and whistles. But since I've been using FRF57, FRF84 and FRG01 based roms and themes I've been using the enhancements for sometime.

Anyway, your phone is in no way outdated. You are ahead of the curve. Just let the devs do their thing.
    BIG +1!

10char
    "Maybe you guys need a refresher course - it's all ballbearings nowadays!!" -- Fletch

"Goonga Galoonga...No - Goonga Lagoonga..." -- Carl, "Caddyshack"

Links