DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FRG01b is the officially to-be-released 2.2 Droid update

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Between the WiFi issues and the streaming audio problems, Google (and Verizon) would be insane to release this as an OTA update. Android has a ton of momentum right now and this would be a huge step back in a few key areas. One of the things the Apple fanboys hang on to is the iPhone's superiority when it comes to being a music player (being a derivative of the iPod and all). I hope Google doesn't prove them right. Releasing buggy new features is bad. Breaking key components of the OS with an update is terrible, especially since they are already known and documented issues.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Fusion View Post
    Installed FRG01B DeOdexed

RomManager - Busybox is in the "wrong" location. Any ideas?
    Google search: Rom Manager refuses to fix permissions
    Stock 2.1 rom rooted ROM Manager won't FIX Permissions - xda-developers
    Android Forums - View Single Post - Problem with Rom Manager (premium) permissions
    ROM Manger wont fix permissions

What Worked: Downloaded Busybox (Droid Market) / installed - says it's the same as what's in system/bin.
    Now Fix Permissions works with Rom Manager!!
    Excellent, thanks. I couldn't run Fix Permissions but now I can after installing busybox.

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitehot View Post
    Between the WiFi issues and the streaming audio problems, Google (and Verizon) would be insane to release this as an OTA update. ... Breaking key components of the OS with an update is terrible, especially since they are already known and documented issues.
    But you assume the issue is with the OS and not the app. They've given leaked versions to developers so they'd have plenty of time to have updates roll out with 2.2, however some developers may choose to mostly wait for the final release. Someone wrote Pandora on this issue, and that seems to be their position - they replied they do not support rooted users.

Different roms and different kernels obviously create issues for some. Still can't wrap my head around how some people have issues with an app while others on the same rom/kernel don't, but that's what happens.

I seriously doubt Google & VZW would roll-out a flawed OS, but don't expect them to concern themselves with issues rooters are having. It's always taken time for the rom guys to iron out all the bugs, especially with release candidates - people are complaining about Froyo before Froyo is even out! Now you also have them adding a bunch of other features and capabilities, and I think you just have to accept that these roms are heading toward a perpetual work-in-process. Some issues you'll live with, others will force you to another rom for a while. It's just part of the trade-off.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiak799 View Post
    But you assume the issue is with the OS and not the app... they replied they do not support rooted users.
    No, I dont assume:

Issue 9308 - android - eaac+ and aac+ decoding sound quality problems (Android 2.2) - Project Hosting on Google Code

And regarding rooted users, I think the current Froyo version that is flawed was an official update for the Nexus One and they are having the same issues. By saying that, they are just deflecting the issue and hoping that google will come up with a real fix.
  5. Soulless Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    zerosouls
    Phone
    Razr
    Premium Member
    What does this have to do with bugless beast?
    Feel like a geek?: http://gplus.to/GeekPlus
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by zerosouls View Post
    What does this have to do with bugless beast?
    Bugless Beast uses the Android OS, right? FRG01b is slated to be the version that BB 0.5 is built from, right? Still wondering?
  7. Soulless Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    zerosouls
    Phone
    Razr
    Premium Member
    Ok, so with that logic, let's move the entire news section into bugless beast and call it day
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Xperia Play
    Stop trolling and keep with the discussion.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    What are you talking about? The next version of BB is going to be built from the version of Android that will be released as an official update fro the Droid? How does that not specifically relate to BB, Android, and the Droid?

Your asinine suggestion would include all kinds of stuff that has nothing to do with the phone that BB is built for.
  10. Soulless Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    zerosouls
    Phone
    Razr
    Premium Member
    All the next versions of ROM's are already built with or are going to be built with this version, I'm just sayin that this should be in a general section of discussion rather than cluttering BB. Stop getting your panties in a bunch children, sheesh..

The first time bugless beast was even ever mentioned was when I asked "what does this have to do with BB" <wink>

/troll
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links