Hello guys. I am now on my second phone, and I am not sure if it is due to the rom flashing or just getting bad hardware.
With my first dorid I used DroidMod using their tools to root and flash. The problem is the first time I flashed it did not boot and got stuck on the M screen. Then I flashed it again and all was well... Untill an update came out for DroidMod. After flashing that I could no longer boot my phone. I hat to resort to SPF recovery, and even then it would not boot.
So I returned the phone and got a referb. At some point in time I use SPF recovery to down grade the boot (as it came with 2.1 installed) so I could use a update.zip to root the phone again. I went with Rom Manager this time and bugless beast. Flash went well and booted fine, but Rom Manager insisted on telling me I did not have Clockwork installed and forced me to install it again. After a while applications stopped working In this case the media viewer app would crash at start. So I re-flashed the rom and every thing worked fine but Rom Manger told me again that I did not have clockwork installed even though I could get into Clockwork recovery just fine. About a week later random applications stop working, go to reboot and phone gets hung on the M forever.
So here is where I am at current.
1) Install custom rom (normally latest bugless beast) via clockwork and downloading the zip by hand.
2) Use phone with no problems for about a week.
3) Some application I use stops working, the last time it was market and the phone app its self. By not working I mean it just closes right when I start it.
4) I go to reboot the phone an get stuck on the M logo.
5) Have to re-flash the same rom again (clearing data and cache) to get the phone working.
6) Start over.
So here are my questions.
1. Maybe I used the wrong files to unlock and install clockwork ?
2. Can anybody give me links to known good files?
3. Do I have a hardware problem? How do I check?
4. Why does the phone seem to work fine for some time then just stop ?
Any advice or info would be helpful.