DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Beautiful Widgets doesn't like my BBv0.3. Anyone else?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Beautiful Widgets doesn't like my BBv0.3. Anyone else?

I've noticed that my GPS icon in the notification bar will stay on for a long time even though I'm not using my phone. The other night my phone was sitting with the screen off for about an hour and when I picked it up it was unusually hot. I turned the screen on and the GPS icon was in the notification bar and it wouldn't go away. After going through my running apps and force closing them one by one, it was only when I force quit Beautiful Widgets that the icon went away. This has happened several times now. Does anyone else have this problem or know of a fix for this?

::edit:: I forgot to mention that I've switched back and fourth between a few different ROMs and BBv0.3 seems to be the only ROM that does this. I REALLY want to stay with BB because it is absolutely the most stable ROM I've tried.
    OG Droid - Project Ellite 5.0.2 - Honeycomb Theme
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    OG Droid, Charge, Bionic, S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarvisoid View Post
    I've noticed that my GPS icon in the notification bar will stay on for a long time even though I'm not using my phone. The other night my phone was sitting with the screen off for about an hour and when I picked it up it was unusually hot. I turned the screen on and the GPS icon was in the notification bar and it wouldn't go away. After going through my running apps and force closing them one by one, it was only when I force quit Beautiful Widgets that the icon went away. This has happened several times now. Does anyone else have this problem or know of a fix for this?

::edit:: I forgot to mention that I've switched back and fourth between a few different ROMs and BBv0.3 seems to be the only ROM that does this. I REALLY want to stay with BB because it is absolutely the most stable ROM I've tried.
    Had the same issue awhile back after a BW update. Check your BW setup and turn off the GPS over Network location and select Geolocation.
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Another User asked the developer about the issue of the weather and temperature not updating. Here is their response:

Hello,
    Actually I am using Google as a weather provider which is not reliable recently. But I have good news. I now have an agreement with a professional weather feed and will use it. I am working on coding the new feed right now!"

Also, you can run this app and the Weather Channel app at the same time. I choose to turn off the BW temp notification in the notification bar but keep the Weather Channel temp notification on because it will turn red if there are any weather alerts. The Weather Channel app is good for real time radar (by choosing to map your location and then hitting the Play button). I link the three day BW forecast to the WC app in the BW options.
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Links