DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: p3droid's lv 125-1200mhz vs chevyno1 ulv 1.25ghz on BB 0.4 2.2?

  1. Beta Team
    mojo_droid's Avatar
    Member #
    86301
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    367
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by trainstroker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Teezy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DeckerForceUSA View Post
    I recently tacked on the 1.25 ghz uLow kernel from Chevy, and I don't think I will be trying any other kernels for awhile, as this feels like the prime contender. Low battery temps with performance makes a happy, rooted Droid owner out of me.
    noob moment - can anyone explain what the "voltage" is?
    how much voltage is drawn from the battery. voltage is the potential difference put across the + and - terminals of a battery. Simply put, voltage measures how much energy is carried through a wire, and current is the rate at which that energy is carried. someone correct me if i'm wrong, but current is what charges the battery. An elementary electromagnetic physics equation is V=IR where v = voltage, i = current, r = resistance. Lower voltage used = less current used; less current used = more battery life.
    another way to look at is through an equation for power: power = voltage * current (aka P=VI); hence lower voltage means lower power used

    however, i'm not sure if teezy was asking for an explaination of voltage or for the actual voltage of the ULV kernal?
  2. Droid
    trainstroker's Avatar
    Member #
    14223
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    54
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo_droid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by trainstroker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Teezy View Post

    noob moment - can anyone explain what the "voltage" is?
    how much voltage is drawn from the battery. voltage is the potential difference put across the + and - terminals of a battery. Simply put, voltage measures how much energy is carried through a wire, and current is the rate at which that energy is carried. someone correct me if i'm wrong, but current is what charges the battery. An elementary electromagnetic physics equation is V=IR where v = voltage, i = current, r = resistance. Lower voltage used = less current used; less current used = more battery life.
    another way to look at is through an equation for power: power = voltage * current (aka P=VI); hence lower voltage means lower power used

    however, i'm not sure if teezy was asking for an explaination of voltage or for the actual voltage of the ULV kernal?
    Him using voltage in quotes and saying it's a noob question leads me to believe it is not the latter.
  3. Droid
    Teezy's Avatar
    Member #
    76762
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    A House.
    Posts
    87
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #13
    Haha thanks guys, I get it now :]
    I knew what voltage was, literally, but not like... what it specifically meant as far as kernels go, as it being I am still relatively new to this whole shabang. I'm getting the hang of it though! I'm guessing that the lower the voltage, more battery life and less satisfactory performance and vice versa? I remember being on ChevyNo1's HV 1.25Ghz kernel a long time ago and iit was great, but my battery barely lasted for any more than 4 hours and overheated often to the point where the device rebooted itself out of nowhere.
    Now I'm on P3Droid's 1.25Ghz LV kernel... I'd go for ULV but I'll experiment with it, since every phone is different... I mean, its not like there aren't 10,000,000 FroYo kernels out there. LOL.
    Thanks again

    Sent from my Moto Droid using Tapatalk
    -foREVer.
  4. Droid
    trainstroker's Avatar
    Member #
    14223
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    54
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Teezy View Post
    Haha thanks guys, I get it now :]
    I knew what voltage was, literally, but not like... what it specifically meant as far as kernels go, as it being I am still relatively new to this whole shabang. I'm getting the hang of it though! I'm guessing that the lower the voltage, more battery life and less satisfactory performance and vice versa? I remember being on ChevyNo1's HV 1.25Ghz kernel a long time ago and iit was great, but my battery barely lasted for any more than 4 hours and overheated often to the point where the device rebooted itself out of nowhere.
    Now I'm on P3Droid's 1.25Ghz LV kernel... I'd go for ULV but I'll experiment with it, since every phone is different... I mean, its not like there aren't 10,000,000 FroYo kernels out there. LOL.
    Thanks again

    Sent from my Moto Droid using Tapatalk

    phone speed has nothing to do with voltage. that's only governed by clock speed. it's like gas. if you put more gas in your car, your car won't go faster, but if you run out of gas, the car won't go at all. so if your voltage is too low for your hardware to handle, then things will start to crap out.
  5. Junior Droid
    wezil's Avatar
    Member #
    96431
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    16
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #15
    How do the low voltage ROMs effect temps?
  6. virtueoftheabsurd's Avatar
    Member #
    80109
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    66
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #16
    I hate to add more to the mix, but it is important to note that performance does not always correlate with higher processing speeds. Sure, your phone can be blazing fast at running calculations, but if you get homescreen redraws and lags, then you wind up wasting more time.

    Anyway, I get the best performance with an 800 MHz kernel (specifically: Chevy's 800LV). I can run his 1.25GHz with no problem, and my Quadrant scores go through the roof. Yet, my phone is truly snappier with the 800: applications open faster, orientation changes are faster, I get no redraws, etc.

    So try some lower kernels too, you may be pleasantly surprised!
  7. Droid
    trainstroker's Avatar
    Member #
    14223
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    54
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by wezil View Post
    How do the low voltage ROMs effect[sic] temps?
    Computers, like all things, follow the laws of physics. Energy in = energy out. Energy in = voltage, energy out = heat. less voltage = less heat.



    Quote Originally Posted by virtueoftheabsurd View Post
    I hate to add more to the mix, but it is important to note that performance does not always correlate with higher processing speeds. Sure, your phone can be blazing fast at running calculations, but if you get homescreen redraws and lags, then you wind up wasting more time.

    Anyway, I get the best performance with an 800 MHz kernel (specifically: Chevy's 800LV). I can run his 1.25GHz with no problem, and my Quadrant scores go through the roof. Yet, my phone is truly snappier with the 800: applications open faster, orientation changes are faster, I get no redraws, etc.

    So try some lower kernels too, you may be pleasantly surprised!
    what about speeds. i have a 1.1Ghz kernel, but only use 400 mhz tops. does using the same speed on different kernels (600 Mhz on 800 kernel vs. 600 Mhz on 1.1Ghz kernel) have an effect?
  8. Droid
    Kershaw's Avatar
    Member #
    101041
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    87
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #18
    First of all, I'm not knowledgable on this specifically, but I thought I remember reading somewhere......
    For example, the chevyno1 new 7 slot kernels, i read on a post somewhere that it's better to pick a kernel that is closest to your max clock speed. so for example you would get better performance or atleast things would run smoother if you use 800 Mhz on a 800 Mhz kernel as opposed to using 800Mhz on a 1.1 Ghz kernel. They said it's because if you use 800 Mhz max on a 1.1 Ghz kernel, you are not using all 7 slots. I can't back this up, but I remember reading this somewhere. maybe someone can give more advice than me. I am kind of curious about this as well, but I haven't put much effort into looking into it though.
  9. Droid
    Kershaw's Avatar
    Member #
    101041
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    87
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
    First of all, I'm not knowledgable on this specifically, but I thought I remember reading somewhere......
    For example, the chevyno1 new 7 slot kernels, i read on a post somewhere that it's better to pick a kernel that is closest to your max clock speed. so for example you would get better performance or atleast things would run smoother if you use 800 Mhz on a 800 Mhz kernel as opposed to using 800Mhz on a 1.1 Ghz kernel. They said it's because if you use 800 Mhz max on a 1.1 Ghz kernel, you are not using all 7 slots. I can't back this up, but I remember reading this somewhere. maybe someone can give more advice than me. I am kind of curious about this as well, but I haven't put much effort into looking into it though.
    Alright, this is the specific post I was referring to....
    [8-1-2010] New Froyo Kernels - CPU Temp Monitoring is Back!
    look at post #111 by Phreaker47. i don't know if that post is correct, but I figured i would give you the link were i seen it.
  10. Droid
    Kershaw's Avatar
    Member #
    101041
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    87
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #20
    Also i got this link from kennydied23...
    Links to Froyo Roms and Kernels and Baseband Updates [Source+Leaks]
    it has links to various roms and kernels for froyo. i don't know if one of the kernel links would have more information about the above or not.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-04-2010, 06:03 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-03-2010, 06:04 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-03-2010, 05:21 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2010, 08:06 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2010, 10:48 AM

Search tags for this page

1200 mhz droid 2
,
chevy #1 1200 lv droid
,
chevy 1.25ulv
,
chevy kernel 1.25 ulv
,
chevy's ulv \1.2ghz download
,
chevyno1 1.2 ghz low voltage download
,
chevyno1 1.25ghz kernel
,

chevyno1 1.25ghz ulv download

,
chevyno1 ultra low voltage kernel
,

chevyno1 ulv 1.25ghz

,

chevyno1's 1.2ghz ulv kernel

,
download and install chevyno1's 1.25ghz
,
linicoln lv125
,
p3droid ultra low voltage
,
p3droid vs chevyno1
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+