DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Having some MAJOR problems since I flashed BB

1. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    The only MAJOR problems with BB are always the same thing; user error.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    treefrog2k12k3
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic
    I had all of the problems that you had and now have my own solution that works well, at least for me. I went back to sprecovery and no longer use clockwork, clockwork does not wipe properly on my phone and I don't know why, then wipe with sprecovery 3 times for data and cache like it has been stated hundreds of times on this site ( yea it really does matter) then after the install I use P3 kernals as they give me the best results. I have tried other kernals but only P3 gives 14 hours of battery life. I don't use any widgets that call for data (except one), no atk, no battery widget. The only widget I use is beautiful home for the clock and the weather is set for 16 hour refresh.
    "But WHY THE RUM?!!"
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I've noticed my battery life has decreased a bit too since using a rom. and yes, I've done all the wiping. perhaps its cuz I'm using more..its hard for me to really tell. believe it or not. Today I've been using it moderately to heavily syncing email, not to much browsing and I have 11 hours and 45 minutes shown since I booted it up fully charge and I have around 30% battery left. right now i'm trying out the low voltage 1.0 ghz kernel from chevy but I usually keep it clocked between 250-550 and 250-700. I also have the black glass them though it always seems to show a higher percentage of battery use for different uses more than it would without a theme. but I don;t think it makes a difference. might be a mild cpu reading bug or something. don't know how the hell people can always be clocked at 1.0 ghz and get 15 hours of a lot of usage..
    Last edited by TuBitMittens; 07-22-2010 at 10:04 PM.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    treefrog2k12k3
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic
    In my case I quit using the atk and I also dropped the set CPU on install. I still sync email every hour and I got 14 hours last time before a recharge. I use a RSS reader as well and it sync's every hour. I run the P3 125-900 kernal and this works well for me on bb v0.4.
    "But WHY THE RUM?!!"
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBarrier View Post
    The only MAJOR problems with BB are always the same thing; user error.

Well, I appreciate your sarcasm and jab; in this case, I don't feel like I'm being stupid. I'm simply having battery issues with this. As I stated in the OP of this thread, I love this ROM, I've probably flashed 5 ROMS before this one and this has been my favorite so far. I did a full wipe w/ SP, not clockwork. I did cache, reinstall, the works and I'm still having trouble with battery life (as it appears others are too so maybe I'm not stupid).

How much difference is there in a LV and a ULV kernel at the same speed as far as the battery life?
  6. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by poooookah78 View Post
    Well, I appreciate your sarcasm and jab; in this case, I don't feel like I'm being stupid. I'm simply having battery issues with this. As I stated in the OP of this thread, I love this ROM, I've probably flashed 5 ROMS before this one and this has been my favorite so far. I did a full wipe w/ SP, not clockwork. I did cache, reinstall, the works and I'm still having trouble with battery life (as it appears others are too so maybe I'm not stupid).

How much difference is there in a LV and a ULV kernel at the same speed as far as the battery life?
    It wasn't sarcasm or a jab, nor did I imply you were stupid. My posts is what it is. You are not having trouble with battery life, you are just something wrong which kills your battery faster.

Look within; read, read, read and maybe you'll find your answer.

In closing, you're doing it wrong...
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBarrier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by poooookah78 View Post

It wasn't sarcasm or a jab, nor did I imply you were stupid. My posts is what it is. You are not having trouble with battery life, you are just something wrong which kills your battery faster.

Look within; read, read, read and maybe you'll find your answer.

In closing, you're doing it wrong...

Not a jab? Wow, I must not read your posts correctly. I'm simply asking for help in the forums of the ROM I'm running, how dare I? WTF man?
  8. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    No, you're cluttering these forums of the ROM you are running with yet another thread on a subject that has been discussed ad nauseum.

I suggest next time you do your research and read the main ROM thread of the ROM you're running and/or do a search about the subject you want to ask about.

And please; spare us the "I don't want to read XXX amount of pages to find what I'm looking for" bull if you post your question in the main ROM thread.

Thank you, and have a nice day.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links