DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Benchmark Results with P3 and Chevy Kernels

1. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Benchmark Results with P3 and Chevy Kernels

Please note. All benchmarks were ran on BB 0.4 with the most memory I could keep available for the tests.

I mainly did this because of the threads that were popping up on which kernel to use. Granted each phone might be different but these are my results.

Just some benchmark results. Not much of a difference.

Quadrant Score. Each benchmark was ran 2 times.

1513 - Chevy ULV 1.2ghz
    1563 - P3 LV 1.2ghz
    1546 - P3 Normal Volt 1.25ghz

MFLOPS Scores. Each benchmark ran 2 Time. Thus far the first benchmark run was also the best results pf the two.. Surprisingly both P3 kernel ran the same.

17.406 - Chevy ULV 1.2ghz
    16.812 - P3 LV 1.2ghz
    16.812 - P3 Normal Volt 1.25ghz

So from my conclusion the best Kernel to run out of the three is P3 LV 1.2Ghz. No reason to run P3 1.25, same scores, however some may benchmark a little higher then others but i assure you it wont be by much and it WILL drain battery life a little faster.

Hopefully this helps some people out. If anyone wants me to some more Kernel testing post up.

3. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Twitter
    @titans_df
    Phone
    Incredible
    Premium Member
    You shouldn't be running a kernel judging off benchmarks
  4. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by titans View Post
    Actually you should. Is that not the one of the main reason why people run a overclocked kernel? In your logic then we should run factory the factory kernel. They are all three stable, all three quick and provide wireless tethering. So yes, benchmarks are indeed crucial. Thanks for your post.
  5. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Twitter
    @titans_df
    Phone
    Incredible
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G8GT594 View Post
    Actually you should. Is that not the one of the main reason why people run a overclocked kernel? In your logic then we should run factory the factory kernel. They are all three stable, all three quick and provide wireless tethering. So yes, benchmarks are indeed crucial. Thanks for your post.
    Why the attitude....let me help you out here.

Just because a kernel's bench mark is higher, doesn't mean it's the fastest kernel. You can get a kernel that has the highest benchmark, but in overall snappiness in use of the phone it can be slower than another.
  6. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by G8GT594 View Post
    Why the attitude....let me help you out here.

Just because a kernel's bench mark is higher, doesn't mean it's the fastest kernel. You can get a kernel that has the highest benchmark, but in overall snappiness in use of the phone it can be slower than another.
    No, attitude. However, your simple post, with no reasoning behind it does not help others. Generally speaking, a higher benchmark kernel will provide a snappier phone. But this is phone dependent and software dependent. For example, what rom you are using, or what launcher using ect. Numbers don't lie however, and the P3 kernel does seem to be quicker than Chevys. It's not like im bashing one or another. Just bringing more information to the table.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    See my sig, silly!
    FWIW, I'm running P3 sv 1.2 and have been pulling down 1600+ with quadrant, highest being 1688.
    Droid Razr
    Custom Dialers for D1
    My broken glass icons: Broken Icons | Android Logo Icons (in progress): Android Icons

8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    I want to know temp differences between the kernels. I know it can be pretty different from user to user, but I'd like to know a general difference (which one tends to run hotter, which one runs cooler). Its also important to know the battery consumption of both. I could care less about the benchmarks if the difference is less than a score of 100 on Quadrant or 2 on Linpack.
    OG Droid
    GPA17
    1.0 GHz LV by Pete
    ADWLauncher EX

BootAnimation Mashup - (Droid Shatter-Unstable Core-Cromag Rickman)
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID A855

Good Info

Thanks for the info, I've had similar results except a bit higher. I scored a little over 1600 with my device & build.

And what's with the craziness in the prior posts? I get that the realistic results will be different from the benchmarks, but the point of a benchmark is to get an idea of the realistic results. Score 800 with one and 1000 with another, that gives you pretty solid feedback as what to expect. Just my two cents.
    Motorola DROID A855
    Bugless Beast v0.4 (FRF84)
    ChevyNo1 uLV 1.25Ghz
    LauncherPro Beta v0.6
  10. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by SupAll View Post
    I want to know temp differences between the kernels. I know it can be pretty different from user to user, but I'd like to know a general difference (which one tends to run hotter, which one runs cooler). Its also important to know the battery consumption of both. I could care less about the benchmarks if the difference is less than a score of 100 on Quadrant or 2 on Linpack.
    So far i am running the p3 LV 1.2 Ghz. I have it setup on demand with max out at 1.2 and minimum at 700mhz. Temps are higher than the Chevy core. Actually quite a bit higher. However i am more concerned with battery life. I will see tomorrow how battery life is with the P3 core. But judging from the temps im going to say it might be a little less. Maybe this kernel is not as undervolted as Chevy's?
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I'm running the Team Sapphire P3 1.1ghz LV kernel and it is way way smoother and faster than Chevy's LV 1.1 kernel.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links