DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Easy install of best froyo rom as of yet. Download here. so easy a monkey could do it

  1. Beta Team
    dr0idg0d23's Avatar
    Member #
    46085
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    296
    Liked
    10 times
    Twitter
    @dr0idg0d23
    Phone
    Droid Bionic & Galaxy Nexus
    #1

    Cool Easy install of best froyo rom as of yet. Download here. so easy a monkey could do it

    i have deleted this post because it is now out dated. Installs of roms and themes are so easy now that nandroids like the one i had posted here are no longer needed.
    Last edited by dr0idg0d23; 09-22-2010 at 03:03 PM.
    DROID BIONIC
    droidth3ory's KIN3XT v1.0
    GALAXY NEXUS
    droidth3ory's AXIOM v2.3
    NEED HELP???
    email droidgod23@gmail.com
    Twitter: @dr0idg0d23


  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Junior Droid
    Pe3NuT's Avatar
    Member #
    83248
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    #2
    Thanks man. This is what im using.

    Sadly it did not install. Dragged the zip to the sd card installed from zip and nothing. But i have chevys running. And its clockwork if it matters.
    Last edited by Pe3NuT; 07-06-2010 at 07:02 PM.
  4. Beta Team
    dr0idg0d23's Avatar
    Member #
    46085
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    296
    Liked
    10 times
    Twitter
    @dr0idg0d23
    Phone
    Droid Bionic & Galaxy Nexus
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Pe3NuT View Post
    Thanks man. This is what im using
    No problem, If you have any questions just ask.
    DROID BIONIC
    droidth3ory's KIN3XT v1.0
    GALAXY NEXUS
    droidth3ory's AXIOM v2.3
    NEED HELP???
    email droidgod23@gmail.com
    Twitter: @dr0idg0d23


  5. Master Droid
    deputc26's Avatar
    Member #
    6714
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    723
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    #4
    Great idea, i think I'll do one of smoked glass 1ghz lv.
  6. Beta Team
    dr0idg0d23's Avatar
    Member #
    46085
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    296
    Liked
    10 times
    Twitter
    @dr0idg0d23
    Phone
    Droid Bionic & Galaxy Nexus
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Pe3NuT View Post
    Thanks man. This is what im using.

    Sadly it did not install. Dragged the zip to the sd card installed from zip and nothing. But i have chevys running. And its clockwork if it matters.
    What didnt install?? the Rom?? If its the rom thats because you need to extract it and put the file that begins with 1970 in your clockworkmod/backup folder of your sd card then reboot into recovery and select nandroid then select restore then the file that you just put on there. it will not work in .zip as an update. .zip is just the only way I can upload it.
    DROID BIONIC
    droidth3ory's KIN3XT v1.0
    GALAXY NEXUS
    droidth3ory's AXIOM v2.3
    NEED HELP???
    email droidgod23@gmail.com
    Twitter: @dr0idg0d23


  7. Droid Newbie
    zyren's Avatar
    Member #
    85276
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by yutzyscott View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pe3NuT View Post
    Thanks man. This is what im using.

    Sadly it did not install. Dragged the zip to the sd card installed from zip and nothing. But i have chevys running. And its clockwork if it matters.
    What didnt install?? the Rom?? If its the rom thats because you need to extract it and put the file that begins with 1970 in your clockworkmod/backup folder of your sd card then reboot into recovery and select nandroid then select restore then the file that you just put on there. it will not work in .zip as an update. .zip is just the only way I can upload it.
    Ok, so i am having problems installing this too. I had rooted my phone and i had SPrecovery installed. i used the restore in SPrecovery, and it said ok, but when i started up my droid the screen just showed the M logo for 15 minutes. I restarted and held x and i am now getting the clockwork recovery.

    I mounted the SD card and put the FOLDER (not file) named 1970-01-01.00.00.26 in the folder sdcard/clockworkmod/backup. As far as i can see there is no file, just a folder with files (none that start with 1970). The clockworkmod folder did not exist so i made it up. When i go to nandroid then restore it gives me this error "couldn't open directory. no files found"

    I have no idea whta to do. Stuck in recovery mode.
    Last edited by zyren; 07-06-2010 at 09:21 PM.
  8. Droid Newbie
    zyren's Avatar
    Member #
    85276
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #7
    I gave up on these instructions i just grabbed the official BB 0.4 .zip file and did an update.zip.

    I appreciate the effort but they just didnt work.
  9. Beta Team
    dr0idg0d23's Avatar
    Member #
    46085
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    296
    Liked
    10 times
    Twitter
    @dr0idg0d23
    Phone
    Droid Bionic & Galaxy Nexus
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by zyren View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yutzyscott View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pe3NuT View Post
    Thanks man. This is what im using.

    Sadly it did not install. Dragged the zip to the sd card installed from zip and nothing. But i have chevys running. And its clockwork if it matters.
    What didnt install?? the Rom?? If its the rom thats because you need to extract it and put the file that begins with 1970 in your clockworkmod/backup folder of your sd card then reboot into recovery and select nandroid then select restore then the file that you just put on there. it will not work in .zip as an update. .zip is just the only way I can upload it.
    Ok, so i am having problems installing this too. I had rooted my phone and i had SPrecovery installed. i used the restore in SPrecovery, and it said ok, but when i started up my droid the screen just showed the M logo for 15 minutes. I restarted and held x and i am now getting the clockwork recovery.

    I mounted the SD card and put the FOLDER (not file) named 1970-01-01.00.00.26 in the folder sdcard/clockworkmod/backup. As far as i can see there is no file, just a folder with files (none that start with 1970). The clockworkmod folder did not exist so i made it up. When i go to nandroid then restore it gives me this error "couldn't open directory. no files found"

    I have no idea whta to do. Stuck in recovery mode.
    It is because you created the backup folder. When using clockworkmod if you create a backup of your rom using rommanager or the nandroid part of the recovery itself it will create the backup folder for you. It is that folder that this needs to be placed in. I am sorry this did not work for you but, I am also now able to post in the op that this will not work with sp recovery as I thought it would. Thank you for your feedback, it will help others down the road. I would ask you to try again but I know how it feels to run into back to back problems. It is discouraging and you just want to be done with it. Also you are right it is a folder not a file. Check out the OP.
    Last edited by dr0idg0d23; 07-06-2010 at 10:37 PM.
    DROID BIONIC
    droidth3ory's KIN3XT v1.0
    GALAXY NEXUS
    droidth3ory's AXIOM v2.3
    NEED HELP???
    email droidgod23@gmail.com
    Twitter: @dr0idg0d23


  10. Master Droid
    bendystrawboy's Avatar
    Member #
    72121
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    797
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    droid
    #9
    Easy install you say.....
  11. Senior Droid
    angler1's Avatar
    Member #
    28202
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ma
    Posts
    206
    Phone
    motorola droid razor
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by bendystrawboy View Post
    Easy install you say.....
    So easy a caveman could do it. Ahh, nope. not working
    Sent from my Droid using the keypad.


    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. How to install: 2.1 the easy way
    By z4pp in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 926
    Last Post: 09-27-2010, 08:32 AM
  2. Easy install of best froyo rom as of yet. Download here.
    By dr0idg0d23 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-16-2010, 05:06 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-05-2010, 07:04 PM
  4. Easy way to install new roms.
    By lvance0431 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-30-2010, 05:42 PM
  5. How to Install 2.1: The Easy Way Refined with New 2.1 ROM
    By winner00 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 04:45 PM

Search tags for this page

best custom rom for fascinate
,

best froyo rom

,
d101rom download
,
download froyo
,
download froyo rom
,

froyo rom download

,
samsung fascinate d101 download
,
samsung fascinate d101 rom download
,
samsung fascinate d101rom
,
samsung fascinate d101rom download
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+