PEOPLE ARE NOT FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS.
1. Download ROM Manager.
2. Flash Clockworkmod recovery.
3. backup current ROM
4. download nandroid restore in OP.
5. UNZIP nandroid restore "1970" and place UNZIPPED CONTENTS (which is just 1 FILE, not a .zip, not a FILE IN A FILE) So double click on 1970 and it should open to al your system dumps. In SHORT, take the PARENT FOLDER of the contents. (which should be named "1970"
6. Attached phone to PC, open up folders ClockworkMod, then backup. IF YOU DID A BACKUP, you should see 1 folder in your backup already which is the one you just made with this post. it should have a timestamp as the file name.
7. DRAG THE UNZIPPED PARENT FOLDER (which contains your system dump contents) INTO THIS "BACKUP" FOLDER.
8. UNmount sd card from phone and disconnect cable.
9. open up ROM manager and go to manage and restore Backups.
10. Click your nandroid your just put on SDcard. (1970)
phone will reboot install restore and there ya go. if you get stuck on the M its cause your phone can't handle the kernel. BOOTLOOP = KERNEL! (or you messed with the framework but if you did that, you know what you are doing)
thank you and follow directions and you won't have problems.