DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Battery Issues with BB v0.4

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Battery Issues with BB v0.4

Has anyone run into any battery issues with v0.4? I installed two days ago, and I've had to recharge my phone four or five times since then. Usually I can go a whole day of regular use on v0.3. I am using the latest ChevyNo1 800Mhz ULV kernel, and have setup up some setCPU profiles to curb the battery life somewhat. I am open to most suggestions.

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I had a very similar setup as you and was experiencing the same issue. I tried several different kernels, but think I am getting closer. I am now using Chevy ULV 800. I also removed SetCPU and my task killer. I read somewhere that Chevy has all that built into his package, so it's actually causing the phone to work against itself.

Believe it or not, I am now on 20 hours and still at 70%. That's pretty good as far as I'm concerned. Also, it might help if you could post what apps you have installed. There are some apps that are known to love the battery...
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID 2
    i had the same issue changed my kernel to chevyno1 7slot lv800.....works beautifully now!!
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X, Droid
    I'm running P3's lv 250Mhz-1Ghz kernel and my battery life is great. I keep it on 1Ghz until my battery/temp reaches a certain level and SetCPU profiles kick in. I easily get a day of use, sometimes 2 days with medium use.

Medium use for me in 1 day = 100+texts, 10-15 emails, up to an hour of browsing and a few hours of streaming music.

It also helps that I'm always around WiFi though.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    I've been getting pretty lame battery life with BBV0.4, however, it is a bit better with Chevy's 800mhz LV kernel. Still, it's not nearly as good as I got with BBV1.1 (Android 2.1) with Bekit's 1.1ghz LV kernel. Sighs.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID 2
    for some reason chevyno1 ulv800 kernel was giving my random reboots..so i went with lv800 and no problems since...im running setcpu @ 400-800 and it runs super cool from 85c - 95c....
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid X (Rooted), Iphone 4 JB.
    How do you do a 100 text and maintain battery? Do u use autobrightness on the droid or manually set it?

Quote Originally Posted by avt123 View Post
    I'm running P3's lv 250Mhz-1Ghz kernel and my battery life is great. I keep it on 1Ghz until my battery/temp reaches a certain level and SetCPU profiles kick in. I easily get a day of use, sometimes 2 days with medium use.

Medium use for me in 1 day = 100+texts, 10-15 emails, up to an hour of browsing and a few hours of streaming music.

It also helps that I'm always around WiFi though.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  9. BOA
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I have EXCELLENT battery life with BB 0.4 but I'm running the kernel that came with it and have not changed anything. I'm also not running any theme. I would strongly suggest to anyone having battery issues to check the kernel they are running and themes they are running. I've done some tests on this and found out that most of the issues people have with their phone are linked back to the kernels they are running. Stick with 800 LV kernel and you should fine. If not then there's something else going on with your phone.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X, Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by bodean View Post
    How do you do a 100 text and maintain battery? Do u use autobrightness on the droid or manually set it?
    I use auto-brightness. I also do not leave GPS on and have my RSS, weather and other auto-updates on a nice refresh time.

Like I said before, I also am in WiFi areas a lot so that helps data wise.
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid X (Rooted), Iphone 4 JB.
    I thought wifi drains battery more than 3g?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links