DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Bb .4 slow market

  1. Junior Droid
    owuaarontsi's Avatar
    Member #
    70122
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    24
    Phone
    moto droid
    #1

    Bb .4 slow market

    Anyone else's market super slow?

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Master Droid
    nyijedi's Avatar
    Member #
    2693
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    304
    Phone
    DROID
    #2
    Yeah, mine was super slow - both on BB 0.4 and on the virgin/clean release. I tried everything to fix it, but couldn't. I went back to 1.1 for now (the slow market and the sirius/xm app not working were the main reasons).
  4. Master Droid
    avt123's Avatar
    Member #
    32467
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    278
    Phone
    Droid X, Droid
    #3
    The market is loading fine for me. Sometimes it is really slow, but if I exit the app and reload it usually loads faster. This barely happens though.
  5. Droid
    buckeye_1's Avatar
    Member #
    1585
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Williamsburg, VA
    Posts
    46
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by avt123 View Post
    The market is loading fine for me. Sometimes it is really slow, but if I exit the app and reload it usually loads faster. This barely happens though.
    I've had the same problem withe several different ROMS. Tried everything to fix with no luck. Someone suggested switching kernals. I tried kernals from 3 different Devs with no change. Later, after trying a few other things, I switched to Chevy's kernals and the problem was solved. I went back to some of the other ROMS I had the problem with and the Chevy kernals fixed it in all the ROMS I tried.
  6. Master Droid
    nyijedi's Avatar
    Member #
    2693
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    304
    Phone
    DROID
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye_1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by avt123 View Post
    The market is loading fine for me. Sometimes it is really slow, but if I exit the app and reload it usually loads faster. This barely happens though.
    I've had the same problem withe several different ROMS. Tried everything to fix with no luck. Someone suggested switching kernals. I tried kernals from 3 different Devs with no change. Later, after trying a few other things, I switched to Chevy's kernals and the problem was solved. I went back to some of the other ROMS I had the problem with and the Chevy kernals fixed it in all the ROMS I tried.
    This is very interesting info. I don't currently have 0.4 installed, but when I try it again, I'm going to give one of Chevy's kernels a shot.
  7. Master Droid
    avt123's Avatar
    Member #
    32467
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    278
    Phone
    Droid X, Droid
    #6
    Chevys kernels don't work for me besides medium voltage. All others give me a boot loop.
  8. Junior Droid
    Yianaki's Avatar
    Member #
    70825
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    23
    Phone
    MOTO Droid
    #7
    When you first get the phone with older versions it would try and re download all your apps. Doesn't with .4 by default. But, even after that first couple of hours it was slow with v .3 and down. Everything including marketplace works perfectly for me with v.4.

    I do delete the data from the marketplace app whenever I update though with froyo, just a habbit. Don't know if that is why this version works properly or not.

    BB v.4 of Froyo is excellent.
  9. Master Droid
    nyijedi's Avatar
    Member #
    2693
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    304
    Phone
    DROID
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Yianaki View Post
    When you first get the phone with older versions it would try and re download all your apps. Doesn't with .4 by default. But, even after that first couple of hours it was slow with v .3 and down. Everything including marketplace works perfectly for me with v.4.

    I do delete the data from the marketplace app whenever I update though with froyo, just a habbit. Don't know if that is why this version works properly or not.

    BB v.4 of Froyo is excellent.
    The auto-download worked fine for me in 0.4. If it didn't happen for you, maybe you had the option disabled before installing 0.4?

    And the slow market has nothing to do with the auto downloads. For those of us who this affects, the problem persists way after the auto downloads complete (e.g., days later).
  10. Junior Droid
    owuaarontsi's Avatar
    Member #
    70122
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    24
    Phone
    moto droid
    #9
    Thanks for the replies. I have chevys 1.1ghz at the time of posting this topic. So its not that unfortunately. Strange thing is though, yesterday I rooted and installed bb .4 on a coworkers droid and his market is fine. I didn't add any additional kernals to his either. Just petes default on .4.

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  11. Master Droid
    nyijedi's Avatar
    Member #
    2693
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    304
    Phone
    DROID
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by owuaarontsi View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I have chevys 1.1ghz at the time of posting this topic. So its not that unfortunately. Strange thing is though, yesterday I rooted and installed bb .4 on a coworkers droid and his market is fine. I didn't add any additional kernals to his either. Just petes default on .4.

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    The issue seems to only affect some users, which is very strange, so it doesn't surprise me that it's working on your coworkers. I wish I knew why this was, though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Painfully slow market
    By tehstevo in forum Bugless
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-18-2010, 09:45 AM
  2. BB 2.2 Froyo Is market slow/down
    By fucco in forum Bugless
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-17-2010, 04:46 PM
  3. Market is going extremely slow after system reset..
    By Shadez in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-14-2010, 09:01 AM
  4. slow market
    By higgins in forum Bugless
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-28-2010, 05:24 PM
  5. Market Extremely Slow - Force Closing
    By donerico in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 02:33 PM

Search tags for this page

droid incredible market slow

,

droid marketplace very slow

,

droid razr slow market

,

droid x slow market app

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+