DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: froyo wired tether prompting me to buy vzw tethering package!

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

froyo wired tether prompting me to buy vzw tethering package!

So I have been rocking .4 froyo for a couple days now... lovin it. But this morning I used the built in USB tethering under the settings menu. Once it connects to the net it goes to a vzw site and tells me I must pay for a dun package. I cannot navigate off the page, or do anything... has any one else seen this?

Also having issues with my wireless tether program not working, but imma gonna try different kernals and that should clear that up. But I really wanted to get the froyo USB working...
    HTC Incredible, Rooted, ROM changes every day or so..

"Every night millions of people go to bed and wonder if they made a difference. US Marines don't have that problem." Ronald Reagan

I support the Military. Always have, always will.
    if you don't like it, please relocate to a different country.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by schollianmj View Post
    So I have been rocking .4 froyo for a couple days now... lovin it. But this morning I used the built in USB tethering under the settings menu. Once it connects to the net it goes to a vzw site and tells me I must pay for a dun package. I cannot navigate off the page, or do anything... has any one else seen this?

Also having issues with my wireless tether program not working, but imma gonna try different kernals and that should clear that up. But I really wanted to get the froyo USB working...
    You need a new wireless tether .apk. There is one floating around here on the forum somewhere . MIne wasnt working but I found one that did work just fine with froyo roms.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by schollianmj View Post

Use the old wired tether app instead of the built in one. Works fine then. Sorry I don't have a link to it.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    ok, after searching a bunch I found a guy that said he was using wireless tether 2.02.pre14 and that it was working... downloaded it adn tethering now using it. YAY!
    HTC Incredible, Rooted, ROM changes every day or so..

"Every night millions of people go to bed and wonder if they made a difference. US Marines don't have that problem." Ronald Reagan

I support the Military. Always have, always will.
    if you don't like it, please relocate to a different country.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motoroloa Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Vindii View Post
    Use the old wired tether app instead of the built in one. Works fine then. Sorry I don't have a link to it.
    I've had good luck with this one for wired tethering: android-wired-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code

And this one for wireless: android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    why not just used the wireless one from the market? that one won't cost a thing LOL
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    how do you install the wired version? tried update.zip....no luck
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motoroloa Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by grinchy View Post
    Just downloaded the 'wired_tether_1_2.apk' on the download page for the project and installed it as you would any non-market app. I use EStrongs File Explorer, many other people use Astro File Manager.

Windows 7/Vista have the required drivers to use the connection built in, if you are connecting it to an XP machine you will need to install the drivers located here: Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device Driver - xda-developers
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by malsbury View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by grinchy View Post
    Just downloaded the 'wired_tether_1_2.apk' on the download page for the project and installed it as you would any non-market app. I use EStrongs File Explorer, many other people use Astro File Manager.

Windows 7/Vista have the required drivers to use the connection built in, if you are connecting it to an XP machine you will need to install the drivers located here: Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device Driver - xda-developers

Thanks a lot.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I haven't been able to get wireless tethering to work at all since I got BB/Froyo. It just says it's not available. I'm using the wireless tethering app for rooted users from the market, same as always. Any ideas?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links