DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Theme worked for .3 but not .4?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto UD/MIUI....mostly MIUI

Theme worked for .3 but not .4?

I installed the Luna-Steele Theme over .3 with no issues. However when I try to install over .4 I usually get stuck at the M logo. I think I got it once but it wasnt themed and every single thing force closed on me. Any way I could get this working?

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Same with me and TC black ice theme, loved it v.3 but M logo for V.4. I sure hope there is something we can do.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Me too. Im sticking with .3 for now but I want to update asap
  5. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Why would any of you think that a theme made for one ROM version will automatically work with another ROM version?

Do you guys ever read up on what you are actually doing when you modify your phone in any way?
    Those themes are a collection of files, such as framework-res.apk and others, that are pulled from a specific version of a ROM, modified, and then repacked to install on that specific ROM version.

I can't even fathom why anyone would think that any theme made for a specific version of a ROM will automatically work for any other version of the same ROM. I mean c'mon; even the build numbers on the BB versions are totally different!!!
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBarrier View Post
    Why would any of you think that a theme made for one ROM version will automatically work with another ROM version?

Do you guys ever read up on what you are actually doing when you modify your phone in any way?
    Those themes are a collection of files, such as framework-res.apk and others, that are pulled from a specific version of a ROM, modified, and then repacked to install on that specific ROM version.

I can't even fathom why anyone would think that any theme made for a specific version of a ROM will automatically work for any other version of the same ROM. I mean c'mon; even the build numbers on the BB versions are totally different!!!
    Umm probably because not everyone is super tech savvy and they dont know what themes affect in the big picture. Also, probably because a lot of themes do work with different ROMs. Why not offer up some helpful advice instead of being condescending.
    BOISE STATE
  7. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by vrdubin6 View Post
    Umm probably because not everyone is super tech savvy and they dont know what themes affect in the big picture. Also, probably because a lot of themes do work with different ROMs. Why not offer up some helpful advice instead of being condescending.
    You obviously aren't a big reader.

My advice stares you in the face. Let me make it easier on you. DO SOME RESEARCH BEFORE YOU MODIFY YOUR PHONE IN ANY WAY.

Sometimes I'm baffled how some people even managed to Root their phone, it's amazing.

Here's another little nugget; if you don't want to wait for someone to theme a specific ROM with the theme you are waiting for, then theme it yourself. Read up on it (reading is fundamental), plenty of threads here, on XDA and a bunch of other places.

I had my BBv0.4 themed with my own personal version of Smoked Glass before the Smoked Glass for v0.4 thread was even opened; hell, I themed it before I even installed it on my phone.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    You obviously aren't a big reader.

My advice stares you in the face. Let me make it easier on you. DO SOME RESEARCH BEFORE YOU MODIFY YOUR PHONE IN ANY WAY.

Sometimes I'm baffled how some people even managed to Root their phone, it's amazing.

Here's another little nugget; if you don't want to wait for someone to theme a specific ROM with the theme you are waiting for, then theme it yourself. Read up on it (reading is fundamental), plenty of threads here, on XDA and a bunch of other places.

I had my BBv0.4 themed with my own personal version of Smoked Glass before the Smoked Glass for v0.4 thread was even opened; hell, I themed it before I even installed it on my phone.
    You got picked on in school a lot huh? (I couldn't find an eye rolling emoticon)

As long as we are having a pissing contest I should add that I also pieced together my own SG based theme and have it on 0.4 as well. It is pretty easy to pull the stock framework-res.apk off 0.4, add SG .png's and push it back to the phone.

Moral of the story is that if you would read (which you seem to be a hypocritical fan of) my post you would soak in my advice about trying to be helpful instead of stroking your ego.

Not everyone has the time to fully read up on building ROMs, making themes, and so on and so forth. That is why we have helpful people on this forum to guide people along, in-depth tutorials, and recovery programs.

Go crack yourself a brewskie and find something legitimate to stress out about.
    BOISE STATE
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    I get what he is saying and whatnot. By no means am I super tech savvy maybe tech savvy hah. Anyhow... Why would it work on .2 and .3 and every other rom i would use from 2.1 to 2.2 but when I applied it to .4 my phone took a sh*t on itself? That is what i was asking.
  10. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    You got picked on in school a lot huh? (I couldn't find an eye rolling emoticon)
    Nope, I went surfing every single day after school; needless to say it makes you a bit popular with the peeps that want to go to the beach.

As long as we are having a pissing contest I should add that I also pieced together my own SG based theme and have it on 0.4 as well. It is pretty easy to pull the stock framework-res.apk off 0.4, add SG .png's and push it back to the phone.
    Extremely easy, which is why I wonder why people have such a hard time understanding something so simple.

Moral of the story is that if you would read (which you seem to be a hypocritical fan of) my post you would soak in my advice about trying to be helpful instead of stroking your ego.
    Not stroking anything; yet...

Not everyone has the time to fully read up on building ROMs, making themes, and so on and so forth. That is why we have helpful people on this forum to guide people along, in-depth tutorials, and recovery programs.
    Hey, I don't have the time to read up on a lot of things too; like time&space or physics, but you don't see me trying to modify Einsteins theory of relativity.

Go crack yourself a brewskie and find something legitimate to stress out about.
    Now that's what I'm talking about!!! I most certainly will crack a brewskie!

Seriously though, I'm just getting real tired of reading the same questions over and over, and then reading the same answers over and over. whatever happened to just using the search function?
  11. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by MTODroid View Post
    I get what he is saying and whatnot. By no means am I super tech savvy maybe tech savvy hah. Anyhow... Why would it work on .2 and .3 and every other rom i would use from 2.1 to 2.2 but when I applied it to .4 my phone took a sh*t on itself? That is what i was asking.
    Simple, not every ROM version is made from the same Android build, so the system files might not be the same. So when you insert a different/older file, you are bound to break something; it might be small (like an app that FC's here or there) or it might be big (Boot-Loop city).

Make sense?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links